Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Nickel Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

SLX Remote DB Space Issue

I have been getting the following error on Remote DBs lately:

Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.INDEXUPDATES' in database 'SLXRemote' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full.  Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.

I have noticed that the problem users are those who have an older DB (1yr old +) so I see this as an SQL maintenance issue.

To resolve this issue I have just been cutting new remote DBs for my users but I am wondering if there is a simpler way of dealing with this issue?  I have the remote cutting and deployment down to an artform (20 min start to finish) so its not an issue of time.

Any thoughts?

Silver Super Contributor

Re: SLX Remote DB Space Issue

By recurring you are just delaying and avoiding the real issue which is that your database is too large for SQL express/msde. You should reduce size of database by setting filters on tables such as history etc. Or upgrade the remotedb server to full SQL sever where the database size is not deliberately restricted, regards mike
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: SLX Remote DB Space Issue

[ Edited ]

Thanks Mike,

I want to avoid table filters for now until I have my ownership of accounts set up by sales regions.  I think by doing this I will have the only necessary filter to keep my remote DBs from filling their DBs with useless information that does not apply to their region.

Once I have this in place I can look at other tables to filter if needed.

Message Edited by dennissekulic on 04-26-2010 03:45 PM