Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Contributor

Re: SLX Mobile Help Menu

My guess your browser is set to a locale that is not recognized by the dynamic adapter, therefore it is not including any localization file for mobile. This errors out the Help url resolver and ends up trying to pull 'undefined'. At least, this is the issue for me if I set FF to ja-JP or pt-PT.

The dynamic adapter should be checking to see if the locale file exists and if it doesn't add english by default. I've brought up the issue with the team so it is on the list to be fixed.

In the mean time, I would check your browser locale setting (FF has a plugin that puts a nice icon to quickly switch) and if changing it to en-US works then this is the issue.

As a solution, I would create the two localization files for your locale by copying the base 'en' one, re-name to your locale and including them in the build script.

Tuned Listener

Yea, both Chrome and FF are set to en-us, and it happens on multiple different computers in multiple networks as well as at every cell phone I've tested it with and it is 2 separate deployments at least.  It isn't that big of an issue, just the client was asking why they couldnt get to the help section and I was trying to figure out why.

Bronze Contributor

Oh, are you hitting index.html or index.aspx?

I believe that you need to hit index.aspx unless the index.html is dated later than 12/28/2011 -- as index.html needed to  have a set language hard-coded in:

https://github.com/SageSalesLogix/argos-saleslogix/commit/5e062ed89e0917a617da5996175294d8a7c33a7d

I would check to make sure that line is there.

Tuned Listener

aha! That did the trick, guess I need to change the default documents for that.  Thanks!

Bronze Super Contributor

A little late to the party, but index.html in 1.2 is missing the following "localization" reference (2nd line):

<script type="text/javascript" src="configuration/production.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="localization/en.js"></script>

(or whatever localization flavor you prefer.)

This issue also affects other areas of the mobile client, such as the ability to create new opportunities. The latest 1.2 on github includes the above line. There are a few other bugs in the "official" 1.2 release, such as time formatting in various locations under Activities. If you can apply the latest 1.2 branch over the AA bundle it will resolve some of these issues.

Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC