Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

SLX Mobile Help Menu

Anyone else have the same issue and possibly a resolution for the SLX Mobile issue where the help menu does not load anything? It kicks over to a screen that states "Loading" with the spinning circle but never does anything beyond that?  There were never any errors in the build or deployment fo the mobile client so not sure what it could be? 

Gold Super Contributor

Re: SLX Mobile Help Menu

Nope.. never..

The "help" is loaded by the Help.js code. It's an html file. For EN it is help.html and located at the "root" of the SlxMobile portal.

Just try pointing your (desktop) browser to ... /SlxMobile/help.html to test it. Also uggest you look at permissions, etc on the MOBILE portal and the Site in general.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Tuned Listener

Yea, I'm able to hit the help html file just fine.  I dont know what persmissions I should be looking for as the web client and mobile sites work just fine minus hitting that help button, it's really weird.  If it were just 1 deployment I wouldn't think anything of it but since it's happened on 2 separate deployments in completely different environments I thought there had to be others with the same issue.

Gold Super Contributor

Lik I posted.. never had it happen on tons of deployments on every supported situation (incl 64 bit).

A - What is the SalesLogix version.. to the build...

B - What is the version of the Mobile Web App?

C - Are you using the "official" MWA code.. or stuff off github?

--

Tuned Listener

7.5.4 SLX

1.2 Mobile

MWA Code?? I'm installing using the .ZIP's off the saleslogix FTP 

Gold Super Contributor

MWA = Mobile Web APP

What is the browser (and version)?.. I always test in teh latest FF and/or latest chrome on the desktop

What is the locale setting of the browser? V1.2 is locale/language aware.different help files per language.

If you send me an email w/info on how I can contact you.. (or you call me) I can give you a location to test.

--

Bronze Contributor

If it is failing on the device and in an HTML5 browser (FF, Chrome, IE9) then this might help lend a clue:

Using Firebug with FF, or the Chrome Inspector - open the Net tab before clicking Help.

Click Help.

Let's say your locale setting is 'en-GB'.

First it will request the specific locale:  'help/help_en-GB.html'

If that request fails (for any reason) it will try the generic locale: 'help/help_en.html'

If that second request fails it will then resolve to the fallback: 'help/help.html', which happens to be en-US.

So in that net tab you should have seen:

GET help_en-GB.html 404 Not Found

GET help_en.html 404 Not Found

GET help.html 200 OK

Looking at the http status results should help narrow what is going on (like permissions as RJL mentioned). If it is a javascript error, then you would see that in the console and that might be a different issue.

Tuned Listener

In FireFox I don't even get the loading wheel.. I'm attaching a screen shot..  The line I drew in the Firebug timeline is where I click the "help" button 

Screen Shot

Bronze Contributor

From the look of the screenshot the view is not loading at all.

Are you sure there are no errors in the console tab? Something is going wrong before it gets to requestData() which is where it adds the css class for the loading indicator and fires the request to load the help html.

Tuned Listener

I can find 1 error when in the console tab while running Inspector in Chrome, it reads as follows:

Application Cache NoUpdate event

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'indexOf' of undefined       argos-saleslogix.js:1