Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor

Re: SLX Conversion Utility Error

To find the SData Sync Config, log into the web client as the admin user.  From the Administration nav bar option select the SData Sync Configuration option.  Within the dialog notice the red colored icon at the top right corner with the mouse over label of (Validates Sync digest record contain latest resources)

Copper Contributor

Aren't you making an assumption that I have the Web Client? It is not required. We use the LAN.

Steve Meyers
Lead Software Developer, Business Software Applications
Promega Corporation
2800 Woods Hollow Rd
Madison, WI 53711-5399
steve.meyers@promega.com
www.promega.com
Gold Super Contributor

In 8.1 you will have to deploy the SLXClient and SData portals because of Outlook Integration. You will need to log into the web as admin to set stuff up.. and SData is the server side of Outlook integration.

Eventually the Web Administrator functionality will completely replace the (LAN) Admin app.. it's coming fast.. you can see the (train's) light in the tunnel!

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Copper Contributor

According to the implementation guide, you are only required to deploy the SData Portal. The Web Client is not required.

Steve Meyers
Promega Corporation
2800 Woods Hollow Rd
Madison, WI 53711-5399
steve.meyers@promega.com
www.promega.com
Copper Contributor

Perhaps I should put this another way...

We are significantly invested in customizations of the LAN client. If I need to start converting those to the web client then I have to start looking at other products. The cost to convert may be "approved" by including the cost of choosing another CRM package. I REALLY don't want to do that but I am running out of wiggle room.

Steve Meyers
Promega Corporation
2800 Woods Hollow Rd
Madison, WI 53711-5399
steve.meyers@promega.com
www.promega.com
Copper Contributor

Steve,
The story of LAN only implementations is still fully recognized by Saleslogix and there are no future plans to the contrary. That said, we wanted to get a better understanding of what your sectabledefs table looks like. Could you run the following sql statement and post the results:
(select * from sectabledefs where tablename = 'syncdigest')
Gold Super Contributor

I "Think" you will have to deploy it (use OOTB) so that you can get to the "administrator tools" (off the navbar) to setup the basics.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Nickel Contributor

Yes, unfortunately that is the way the product is moving.  The problem is that the Admin functions in the Web Client normally don't completely work.  The reality of the product direction is that for an LAN only implemetation, you are REQUIRED to have a functioning Web Server, Web Client, and SData....  I understand the Web Server to get to SData, but I still maintain (In my humble opinion) that for Admin functions, you should be able to do ALL of those functions seperately and not be required to have the Web Client deployed.

Jim Pemberton
Vice President of Engineering
Simplesoft Solutions, Inc
Award Winning Infor CRM Business Partner
Copper Contributor

Kirk,

I decided to start the process over. This time I will include a web client deployment and see what happens. I should be able to get you some feedback later today or tomorrow.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve Meyers
Promega Corporation
2800 Woods Hollow Rd
Madison, WI 53711-5399
steve.meyers@promega.com
www.promega.com
Silver Super Contributor

Steve

I have been through the same process (on test) and can confirm you do NOT need any SLX web components installed. Doing a LAN to LAN upgrade doesn't require those components (except if you plan to use Outlook Sync, then you need at least SDATA running, but you can do that later).

Can you confirm version of slxoledb.dll ?

Can you (re)confirm you definitely have all of the enclosed bundles installed?

"SalesLogix v7.5x to v8.0 Upgrade" "8.0.0" "29/11/2012 00:24" "SalesLogix v7.5x to v8.0 Upgrade"
"Saleslogix v8.0x to v8.1 Upgrade" "8.1.0" "07/01/2014 23:23" "Saleslogix v8.0 to v8.1 Upgrade"
"Saleslogix v8.1.0 Update 01" "8.1.0" "04/02/2014 16:15" "Saleslogix v8.1.0 Update 01" (not necessarily)

Can you post output of following:

select * from sectabledefs where tablename='syncdigest'

select * from APPIDMAPPING