Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor

Re: SLX Conversion Utility Error

I am stillgetting an error for ERPEMAILADDRESS, it would appear that there is garbage data? Not sure why that would be as the Email address for Accounts is not exposed.

Steve Meyers
Lead Software Developer, Business Software Applications
Promega Corporation
2800 Woods Hollow Rd
Madison, WI 53711-5399
steve.meyers@promega.com
www.promega.com
Copper Contributor

Steve,

Can we get more info on the error from the Conversion Tool.  The detailed message in the Windows EV would be the most helpful.

Thanks

Copper Contributor

I clicked through them. There was only a handful. It processed 37654 account records, it is currently churning through 68K contacts. I suspect it will be at it for quite a while because there are .5M contacts.

Steve Meyers
Promega Corporation
2800 Woods Hollow Rd
Madison, WI 53711-5399
steve.meyers@promega.com
www.promega.com
Copper Contributor

Just for the record... It is still churning through the contacts. 421290 so far.

Steve Meyers
Promega Corporation
2800 Woods Hollow Rd
Madison, WI 53711-5399
steve.meyers@promega.com
www.promega.com

I have just done in test a 623 to 8.1upgrade and had "Errors" when got to this process. In fact I had 28 of them. All at ACCOUNT level, none at Contact level.

To me it looked like the insert command failed because of poor email addresses, although NOT all looked badly formatted to me.

I had 52K Accounts and 68K contacts. I captured all 28 errors and let the process continue. CHecked some Account Email address later on. Nothing obviously wrong.

The question is though - Did I really need to do this almost 4 hour process at ALL?

Since will never be using X3 with SLX, which is what the Account and Contact writing to ERP table is about, I cant see I needed to do it.

i have asked support for clarification on this point

Silver Super Contributor

If you have no plans for X3 then there are steps you can skip. Step 41 Point 6 of the upgrade guide answers this directly. If you have no plans for web - then no need to do any steps. If you do, and need multiple contacts etc. then you need to do the Create Activity attendees.

Hi Mikle

There is a need for WEB, because Mobile and Outlook Sync will be used but I think the utility ONLY needs the Activities bit selected not the ACCOUNT and CONTACT bit if not using X3. I ASSUME Outlook Sync does NOT use the ERPxxxxx Tables?

Silver Super Contributor

Correct, you can ignore those bits.
Highlighted

Thnaks, thought not