Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

SLX Conversion Utility Error

I'm on step 41 of the Upgrade documentation, running the conversion util. I've followed the guide to the letter so far, and have not received any errors. This was an upgrade from 8.0 to 8.1

When I run the SLX conversion util after modifying the connection string, it appears to connect, but then I get this error. This error will continue to pop up if you hit OK.

This is all on a dev box, not a live install. Thoughts? I assume a permissions or connection error somewhere. 

Employee

Re: SLX Conversion Utility Error

Couple questions:

Do you see an error in the eventlog?

Does a row exist already in the AppIdMapping table?

Are you able to execute the statement directly in Sql Management Studio?

I don't see anything obvious that would cause it to fail.

Paul Zeimet
Development Manager
Infor CRM
Copper Contributor

Is there a possibility that the 8.0 to 8.1 Upgrade bundle wasn't installed.  We have seen this message in this case.

Copper Contributor

I am experiencing this exact problem and I assure you that the correct bundle has been applied and I followed the upgrade guide to the letter. I even verified that the tables in question had the correct field set for Auto-Increment.

This is what is in the Event log;

2014-04-04 09:18:14,247 [1] ERROR SDataSync [(null)] - Error executing command. SQL: INSERT INTO SYSDBA.SYNCDIGEST (APPID,TICK,CONFLICTPRIORITY,RESOURCETYPE) VALUES ('Q6UJ9A00040B', 1, 5, 'CALENDAR')

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException (0x80040E2F): The statement has been terminated. : Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'SYNCDIGESTID', table 'SLXUpgrade.sysdba.SYNCDIGEST'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextErrorHandling(OleDbHResult hr)

at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextForSingleResult(tagDBPARAMS dbParams, Object& executeResult)

at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandText(Object& executeResult)

at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, Object& executeResult)

at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReaderInternal(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)

at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

at SLXConversionUtility.Conversions.ExecuteCmd(IDbCommand cmd, String sql)

Steve Meyers
Lead Software Developer, Business Software Applications
Promega Corporation
2800 Woods Hollow Rd
Madison, WI 53711-5399
steve.meyers@promega.com
www.promega.com
Employee

The error would suggest that the provider is not supplying a SyncDigestId. 

I saw that you validated the AutoIncrement property was set to 'T' for the SyncDigestId field in SecTableDefs.

Any chance that there was an instance of the provider still open after the change was made that would not have seen the change?

Paul Zeimet
Development Manager
Infor CRM
Copper Contributor

I rebooted the server, twice. So, no chance of that.

Steve Meyers
Promega Corporation
2800 Woods Hollow Rd
Madison, WI 53711-5399
steve.meyers@promega.com
www.promega.com
Employee

Can you check the SlxConversionUtility.exe.config file to ensure the connection infomation is correct and that it is using a Saleslogix Provider connection?

Paul Zeimet
Development Manager
Infor CRM
Copper Contributor

<connectionStrings>
    <clear/>
    <add name="Default" connectionString="Provider=SLXOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=True;Initial Catalog=SLXUPGRADE;Data Source=MYAPP522;Extended Properties=&quot;PORT=1706;LOG=ON;CASEINSENSITIVEFIND=ON;AUTOINCBATCHSIZE=1;SVRCERT=12345;ACTIVITYSECURITY=OFF;TIMEZONE=NONE&quot;"/>
  </connectionStrings>

Steve Meyers
Promega Corporation
2800 Woods Hollow Rd
Madison, WI 53711-5399
steve.meyers@promega.com
www.promega.com
Copper Contributor

Steve,

As a possible workaround to your Conversion issue we'd suggest that you run the Validate sync digest option from the SData Sync Config dialog. This option will validate that sync digest records are added for each resource. Once you've run this option try to run the conversion once again.
Copper Contributor

Where would I find "SData Sync Config dialog"?

Steve Meyers
Promega Corporation
2800 Woods Hollow Rd
Madison, WI 53711-5399
steve.meyers@promega.com
www.promega.com