Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor

SLX Cache Server

Hello,

I have a client with the web server installed in a DMZ. For compliance purposes they are concerned about caching client data on the web server for any lenght of time. I am looking for some input on the following thoughts:

1. It appears it is possible to install the cache server on a server other than the web server. Has anyone done this? Any gotchas? Will the other server being inside the firewall be a problem?

2. I have also gathered that you can disable the cache server. Has anyone done this? What are the possible problems with doing this? How do you do this?

3. Is there any documentation on the cache server anywhere?

Any input/comments regarding the cache server would be welcomed.

Thanks

Steve

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: SLX Cache Server

You can install the cache server on another server. However, you will need to add an exclusion on the firewall for port 11211 – Also, you will need to update the web.config file - Go to the Application Architect help for detailed instructions on how to do this.

To disable the cache server you simply stop the Windows service 'Sage SalesLogix Cache Service' where you installed the Cache Server.

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: SLX Cache Server

Thanks Adam. Am I correct to assume that actual client data is cached here and not just metadata/config type data?