Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

SLX 8: SlxMobile in IE9 does not display correctly when accessing from the Internet

Hi,

I'm using SLX 8.0 Gold OOB. When I open the Login page of SlxMobile, I have seen that:

1. Firefox always looks good.
  2. If I'm connected locally (i.e. using a URL like "http://localhost/SlxMobile"), it works fine.
  3. If I'm connected from the Internet (i.e. using a URL like "http://myhostname.mydomain/SlxMobile"), it DOES NOT render correctly (it lacks the text boxes and the log on button). Please find attached a screenshot..

I have found an SlxMobile on the Internet that behaves like mine (it's probably OOB too):

http://demo.empath-e.com:3333/SlxMobile/

It looks like a Compatibility View issue, so I tried:

1. Disabling all the Compatibility View settings in IE9.
  2. Adding an HTTP header like "X-UA-Compatible    IE=Edge" (I confirmed that the server is sending the header).

But I can't still render the SlxMobile login page correctly.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Marcos

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: SLX 8: SlxMobile in IE9 does not display correctly when accessing from the Internet

Hi,

What happens if you access our empath-e SLXMobile site through your mobile device. Do you get the same issue?

PS It works for us and our customers on IE9

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Copper Contributor

Re: SLX 8: SlxMobile in IE9 does not display correctly when accessing from the Internet

Hi Adam,

It works fine from my iPhone. It also works fine on FF and Chrome from my laptop. The problem is IE9.

If it's working for you and your customers, then it might be a configuration issue on my IE9.

Please find attached the Compatibilty View settings and the full version. Anything else that might cause the error?

Regards,

Marcos

Copper Contributor

Adam,

Are you or your customers using a proxy?

Also, if it works from your PC, could  you please export your IE settings and send it to me (in a PM if you prefer) so I can compare them with my IE settings?

To export IE's settings:

Run gpedit.msc, then navigate to Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration-> Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer. Right click on Internet Explorer and you'll be able to export all the settings.

Regards,

Marcos

Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi,

I do not have an option to export my IE settings when I right mouse click as below.

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited