Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Re: SLX 8.1: RemoteDB fails on "create index"?

my bad, I double checked it is really an old custom view, sorry.

still the main problem is, that lots of views are generated which should not be synced. they all fail with various errors - so the question is: why are they beeing generated?

If they are not created I have no probems anymore. That would solve all my problems.

How can I make SLX not create them? Is that a feature / bug in 8.1? (in 7.4.2 only 4 views were created, now 100+)

Gold Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

A - Good you found it.. Nothing like a good house-cleaning!

B - It is intentional that a remote (user/office) cut brings over views. Otherwise SLX internals would fail as well as customer custom(s).

C - You cannot stop (nor should dtop) the creation of views during remote cuts (see "B").

There's not 100+ views.. in 8.1 OOTB (on MSSQL) there are 47 ;-)  - and all are required. If there are more - then they are either:

1 - obsolete (something got messed up in a upgrade)

2 - they are custom. 

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Employee

This logic was changed back in 8.0 to include all DB views.  Previously, only views enabled in Admin would be created in the remote.

We had issues that not all views were being created in the remote DB so we modified the logic to include all views.  We fix simple issues between Oracle and MSSQL syntax, like string concatenation.  However, more complex custom views will fail.  I believe we need to find a better way to determine which views are included and which are not. 

Paul Zeimet
Development Manager
Infor CRM
Gold Super Contributor

Paul,

How about a simple "flag" in RESYNCTABLEDEFS:

CREATEVIEW

T = include

F (or anything else) = Ignore

DBmanager mod to handle the setting.

--

Nickel Contributor

Sounds like a very quick and easy fix to me.  That would help me out on Views that I really don't want to go to remotes and me being able to control them versus always including them.....

Jim Pemberton
Vice President of Engineering
Simplesoft Solutions, Inc
Award Winning Infor CRM Business Partner
Employee

That would require the View to be enabled in Admin. 

Paul Zeimet
Development Manager
Infor CRM

Paul, again, thanks for your help and confirming that it is not me who was failing all the time ;-)

I agree, adding some feature to enable / disables views would be really helpful.

For now I manually delete all the views during RemoteDB creation and then recreate them - not optimal as this means extra hours for me during non-working times ;-) but at least it works

btw: my views failed (among others) on "to_char", "to_date" and "trim" Oracle commands - are they really not supported in MSSQL (trim is not, I know) or is just my "SLX out of the box installation" of MSSQL not sufficient enough? (I have: SQL 2k8R2 native client was installed by SLX; manually I installed SQL 2k5 Native Client and 2k5 backwards compatibility from SLX DVD)

Of course the more complex ones, especially those using DBlinks to other tables, are a different topic.

>That would require the View to be enabled in Admin. 

what is the difference between enabled and not enabled views?

Gold Super Contributor

A - Not Enabled View - just a typical view that was created in the SQL/Oracle DB

B - Same as A plus there is "meta-data" created IN SalesLogix (ResyncTableDefs/SectableDefs, security profile blobs, joindata, etc) so that you can use the view "like" a read-only SLX Table

--

Employee

Marty, the problem with To_Char and To_Date Oracle functions is they do not translate directly to MSSQL.  They can be replicated in MSSQL with "Convert" function in MSSQL, but that would require a change to the View script before it is applied to MSSQL.

Paul Zeimet
Development Manager
Infor CRM