Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Silver Contributor
Accepted Solution

SLX 7.5.4 Web Reporting Portal: Run Folder RPT files and Event Viewer Application Logs?

[ Edited ]

1. Do the RPT files in the slxwebportal run folder ever get deleted, or do eventually we receive an out of disk space error that locks up the system so that the admin knows to manually delete the RPT files in an undocumented SalesLogix maintenance process?

2. Why do I get the following 'Warning' on the Web Reporting Server every time I run another report (not the first time a User runs the report, subsequent times):

Failed to load the report C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SLXReporting\slxwebrpt\run\{D2718855-4E3F-42D3-AEB5-6FA8FE3BA1F4}.rpt using the RAS server  whatever. Will attempt to load the report with In-proc RAS. Exception.Message: Load report failed.; InnerException.Message: Access denied. Please check directory setting for files you can access.; Exception.Type: System.Exception; InnerException.Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException; Source: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine; InnerException.Source: Analysis Server; ErrorCode: -1;  InnerException.ErrorCode: -2147467259; TargetSite: Void EnsureDocumentIsOpened(); InnerException.TargetSite: Void Open(System.Object ByRef, Int32); Stack:    at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()
   at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob)
   at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.EnsureLoadReport()
   at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.SetDatabaseLogon(String user, String password)
   at WebReporting._Default.ConfigureCrystalReports(); InnerException.Stack:    at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)
   at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)
   at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

Any ideas on how to AutoMagically clean up the RPT files and how to eliminate the Event View RAS warnings?

BTW I get the same behaviors whether this is a locked down security system or a 'wide open' by the implementation guide install.

SLX 7.5.4 Web Update 3, 32 bit Reporting Server with All of the Crystal RAS Server installs and service packs (I think that's about XI SP 5).

The bad news about this is that periodically the ReportManager.aspx launching page freezes during report loading.....and only an IISRESET can unfreeze it.....this is not a resources nor a RAM issue....

RJ Samp
Employee

Re: SLX 7.5.4 Web Reporting Portal: Run Folder RPT files and Event Viewer Application Logs?

[ Edited ]

The .RPT files are supposed to be deleted when the application pool is reset. If you're not seeing this please report it as a bug. It appears to be working ok in 8.0. Note that Crystal will also create it's own TEMP files in the Temp Directory mentioned below, and Crystal is not very good about cleaning up those. I suggest defining a folder such as C:\CrystalTemp and then periodically cleaning those up. Note that these files may be in use, so proceed accordingly.

Regarding your "Access denied" warning, it probably means that the report folder defined in the Central Configuration Manager (i.e. \BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\svcmgr.exe) needs to be redefined so that it encompasses your slxwebrpt portal location. Please see: Central Configuration Manager --> Report Application Server Properties --> Parameters --> Server --> Report Directory. Also, the account under which the slxwebrpt portal runs should also have access to the Temp Directory defined in the same dialog (please see the attached screen shot).

Thanks

Mike

Silver Contributor

Re: SLX 7.5.4 Web Reporting Portal: Run Folder RPT files and Event Viewer Application Logs?

[ Edited ]

Thanks Mike!  when does the Application Pool get reset to delete the RPT files? I'm assuming this isn't the same as an IISRESET or bouncing the server.....

It looks like issue 3 is the Concurrent License hard limit of 5ish (looks like 7 is the hard limit) report user's is the reason for the freeze......not the Access denied stuff.

RJ Samp
Employee

The pool will get reset when:

1. The idle timeout occurs (if configured).

2. When the pool is recycled based on its recycling rules.

3. When the application pool is recycled manually.

4. When there is an IISReset.

5. When there is a crash (.RPT files may or may not be deleted).

Thanks

Mike

Silver Contributor

Got it on the Application Pool reset.....confirming that in 7.5.4 Web Update 1-3 this is NOT occurring......nor does it occur on an IISRESET. I'll register it as a bug\defect through Ticket # 800 245 5045.

RJ Samp
Employee

Thanks for the update.

Mike

Copper Contributor

RJ:

Try deploying the slxwebrpt portal as "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\slxwebrpt" instead of "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SLXReporting\slxwebrpt". I have fixed some problems in SLX 8 with this.

Regards,

Marcos

Silver Contributor

1. this is production and can't be changed......easily.

2. This is version 7.5.4

3. One of the things that is becoming apparent is I don't think that SLX QA is testing this as a seperate server install......

but thanks for the tip!

RJ Samp
Employee

Regarding 7.5.4 and web reporting configuration, I attached a PDF to a post in the following thread that can help fix 7.5.4 deployment issues: http://community.sagesaleslogix.com/t5/Developer-Web-Discussions/Web-Reporting-Server/m-p/146499

Thanks

Mike

Silver Contributor

Confirming:
setting the Run folder Security to the IIS_WPG group with Full Control resulted in the RPT files being deleted whenever I recyled the IIS Application Pools or did an IISRESET.

No other changes were made to the Web Reporting Server.
1. SLX 7.5.4 Update 3.
2. Web Reporting Server is a separate machine, 32 bit OS, Crystal Embedded Server XI SP 5 installed from the SLX WebSite using SLX install steps.
3. Path for the web site on this machine is: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SLXReporting\slxwebrpt\run

Now on to the RAS Warnings......

(we've also confirmed that the 3rd issue of the Report Manager Web Page freezing is the limit on using the Crystal Reports Embedded Server.....concurrent licensing issue).

RJ Samp