Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Astute Commentator

SLX 7.5.4 Upgrade testing

My team is working to design an efficient upgrade test bed.

Is there anything related to database upgrade from 7.5.x to 7.5.4 that is not covered in the .sxb upgrade bundles and web model backups?  I.e.. Does the database have to be connected during the admin tools and servers upgrade in order to be configured correctly?

If the bundles are all that is required to upgrade a database then we should be able to copy any 7.5.x db to a standard 7.5.4 installation, apply the upgrade bundles and have a platform to test client customizations and configurations.

Zeba Santiaga

CRM+ Consulting, Inc.

zeba.santiaga@crmplusconsulting.com

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: SLX 7.5.4 Upgrade testing

I don't think the tools installer touches the DB. Therefore, I believe your assumption is correct; however, right now I am having a problem doing exactly that... I've already done several 7.5.3 to 7.5.4 in-place updates that have worked fine. Your safest bet may be to create a stock environment in the same version, apply your customization bundle, then apply the 7.5.4 on top of that. There are extra steps in the implementation guide for each of the point releases (conversions & such).
Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC