Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor

SLX 7.5.2 Query Builder Date conditions changed

In previous versions I was able to build a condition where a date field Does contain data.  But now that we upgraded to SP2 when I go into query builder and want to insert a condition where a date does contain data I get a popup error saying "invalid date format".  Why was this changed?  Isn't this a bug?  Is there another way to accomplish this?  In this case I want to have a group where the customer's contract expiration has not been input - a null date field (does not contain data). 

Thanks.

Ted

Gold Super Contributor

Re: SLX 7.5.2 Query Builder Date conditions changed

I suggest trying using the "literal" format approach - not sure if it will work but a suggestion.

Also, take a look at the group SQL on the "older version" for this as a guide.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Copper Contributor

How do you use the literal to find out if there is a date value?  My problem is that I need to identify that there is a value input here and more to the point why is this broken now?  It appears to have changed in 7.5 because I had the same problem with 7.5.1.  To me this is a bug because we should be able to build groups like this.

Ted

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Works in the web......

Works fine in 7.2.2 LAN

I've reported it as a bug. 

Update: It's a KI - Defect# 1-67882 Scheduled for 7.5.3 

Message Edited by RJLedger on 12-04-2009 12:24 PM
Message Edited by RJLedger on 12-04-2009 02:44 PM
Message Edited by RJLedger on 12-04-2009 02:44 PM
--

Copper Contributor

Thanks RJ, I appreciate your follow-through on this.  For those who know me I have been an avid supporter and advocate for SalesLogix for a number of years.  Originally starting out in the Business Partner community and now working on "the other side of the fence" so forgive me for going into a small rant:

/start rant

What the heck is going on up at Sage!!!!??? How can a bug that has been known since the beginning of the 7.5 lifecycle go on this long?  Yes, the web is the all mighty Mecca, the holy grail and all that other worthless fools gold that all those who drink the Kool Aid start to believe in, but don't forget to support your base product that has given you all jobs for so long and is still used in the industry.  Can't someone get off their but and just fix this?  It is "slotted" to be fixed in 7.5.3 but I have no doubt it was slotted to be fixed in 7.5.1 and 7.5.2 and you guys just let it slip.  Come on, get up and fix these LAN issues rather than putting all your eggs in this web client.

/end rant

Ted

Bronze Super Contributor

I concur - this is a small issue to fix and has a huge impact on usability.
Timmus Agersea
Black Moth CRM
Bronze Super Contributor

A note on editing posts - RJL I see that you edited this post a number of times. Maybe you did not notice that when you edit for the 2nd time the original auto generated "edited by" comment is appended to your message. You can simply delete the auto generated comment so that you only see the last time you edited a post.

There is no harm in seeing that you edited it 3 times - I just figured this out recently and find that I would rather only show the latest "edited by" comment.
Timmus Agersea
Black Moth CRM
Gold Super Contributor

Yep.. know that was just a bit lazy over the weekend.. ;-)
--

Bronze Elite Contributor

It's not just "Does contain Data". Smiley Very Happyate or Select GetDate() don't work anymore either. I'm pretty sure I could do Select GetDate() but I know for a fact Smiley Very Happyate used to work. I'm not getting an error with the Smiley Very Happyate literal but it's also not working properly when the query runs.
Mike Boysen - Blytheco

www.blytheco.com | www.blythecodev.com | bMobile
Bronze Elite Contributor

Those stupid character replacement emoticons are really irritating me
Mike Boysen - Blytheco

www.blytheco.com | www.blythecodev.com | bMobile