Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Super Contributor

SLX 7.5.1 sync errors - list index out of bound (0)

[ Edited ]

Guys,

Apologies if this is not etiquette but have copied thebelow thread from the news groups as it does not seem to be getting any attention and thought it may here.

I have since the below update managed to find a failed trans and locate the tef containg the failed trans and the transaction does just contact a select, we are seeing this issue mainly on the below tables but lots of them but obviously with different ID's.

The other thing I noticed from the TEF containing the failing transaction was the site was the syncserver rather than the host or other user sitecode also the globalID was C4L2 the activity leaders sitecode, where as all other transactions (that had a globalID) are in the format similar to A9J64A6001K3

I still don't however understand why it is syncing out select statements in the first place.

ERROR: ParamSQLUpd - Error applying ParamSQL transaction A0EU2J7 : List index out of bounds (0). SQL: SELECT STARTDATE,ALARMTIME FROM ACTIVITY WHERE ACTIVITYID = 'VC4L2A30003O' (Blob size : 608) Activity RelatedActivity Users = |UYYQKA00000X|Table Name = ACTIVITYParamCount:2Param0 = (varDate) 20/06/2009 08:00:00Param1 = (varDate) 19/06/2009 08:45:05 SQL = SELECT STARTDATE,ALARMTIME FROM ACTIVITY WHERE ACTIVITYID = 'VC4L2A30003O' ERROR: ParamSQLUpd - Error applying ParamSQL transaction A0ETE5F : List index out of bounds (0). SQL: SELECT MODIFYUSER,LASTHISTORYDATE,LASTHISTORYBY FROM ACCOUNT WHERE ACCOUNTID = 'ADJJWA100000' (Blob size : 741) Table Name = ACCOUNTParamCount:3Param0 = (varString) UYYQKA00000OParam1 = (varDate) 16/06/2009 12:24:45Param2 = (varString) UYYQKA00000O SQL = SELECT MODIFYUSER,LASTHISTORYDATE,LASTHISTORYBY FROM ACCOUNT WHERE ACCOUNTID = 'ADJJWA100000'

Any ideas anyone?

Trevor,

Can you advise where you are seeing these errors?

I have just been taking a look at our production DB and I am seeing lots of
similar errors in the failed trans, is this where you see them?

We are running 7.5.1 on SQL2005, whilst I have not yet had a chance to look
into this, what strikes me as odd is all the ones I have seen as per your
examples below are doing selects and these are not actually going to do
anything even if they do not error.

I guess the question is why are these selects being sent out to the remotes
when they will achieve nothing.

Anyone else seeing these errors in failed trans or elsewhere?

Sage any ideas on this?

Regards
Craig Frayne

"Trevor Walker"  wrote in message
news:7a07588c$219d72b0$466d@vlad...
Hello,
I have two separate customers having sync problems with SLX 7.5.1.  One
uses SQL 2005 and the other uses SQL 2008. Both are getting errors like
those below on the server and the remotes.  Multiple remote users have
these errors (actually the 2008 is getting it on both and I have only
verified the 2005 on a remote user so far).

For the SQL  2008 client,  they should have the same 7.5.1.1742 version of
SyncClient and SyncServer.  I haven't been able to verify on the remotes,
but the SLX install package sent for distribution to the users does
install the proper version (I just verified) and I don't know how they
could have installed anything else.

ParamSQLUpd - Error applying ParamSQL transaction A0YFOJS : List index out
of bounds (0). SQL: SELECT LONGNOTES FROM ACTIVITY WHERE ACTIVITYID =
VTZJIA10001L'

ParamSQLUpd - Error applying ParamSQL transaction A0YDHUG : List index out
of bounds (0). SQL: SELECT MODIFYDATE,MODIFYUSER FROM CONTACT WHERE
CONTACTID = 'CAZPNA000JRT'

ParamSQLUpd - Error applying ParamSQL transaction A0Y60FX : List index out
of bounds (0). SQL: SELECT MODIFYUSER,MODIFYDATE,LASTHISTORYDATE FROM

OPPORTUNITY WHERE OPPORTUNITYID = 'OAZPNA000KKI'

ParamSQLUpd - Error applying ParamSQL transaction A0Y60FY : List index out
of bounds (0). SQL: SELECT MODIFYUSER,MODIFYDATE FROM ACCOUNT WHERE

ACCOUNTID = 'ADHDKA3000XE'
ParamSQLUpd - Error applying ParamSQL transaction A0YGIUE : List index out
of bounds (0). SQL: SELECT MODIFYDATE FROM OPPORTUNITY WHERE OPPORTUNITYID = 'OAZPNA000K1U'

Thanks for any assistance.
Trevor Walker

Message Edited by craigf on 06-19-2009 05:46 PM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: SLX 7.5.1 sync errors - list index out of bound (0)

Guys,

I managed to reproduce this over a 7.5.1 Eval, however this was just the once and I am unsure which series of events caused the issue but it did happen so appears the issue is there in Eval.

I will try and determine which series of events is causing the issue.

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Craig,

I spoke with Sage and they had me check the primary keys on the tables on the remotes.  For some reason when the remotes were cut all of the primary keys disappeared.  I cut a test database and it seems to have the same primary keys as the main DB.  I checked one of the few failed trans of this type that happened on the main DB and the one table it was referring to had no primary key.

The remotes are missing changes. According to Sage, if there are 20 changes within a TEF and the 2nd change fails, the remaining 18 will not apply.  All of the TEFs that failed with this type of error on the remotes had a large number of changes in them unfortunately.  Luckily it seems that this seldom happened on the main DB so recutting remotes, and verifying the primary keys remain, should fix this.  I am still doing some testing.

Trevor Walker

Message Edited by twalker on 06-30-2009 09:37 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Trevor,

Thanks for the update, I have checked on one of the affected remotes and the pimary keys are there so can't see this being the issue, at least in our case, additionally we are not having this problem against the host only remotes or at least I have not seen any from the host at this stage.

What does concern me is the second part of you post, that Sage advised if the tef contains 20 transactions and the second one fails the rest will not apply, I am sure this cannot be the case as virtually all remotes I have ever seen have failed trans at some point and if this is the case then there is a huge problem with data on the remotes.

If this is correct then something needs to be done about this ASAP.

Can someone from Sage chip in and clarify this.

What happens in the scenario where for example the second transaction of a twenty transaction tef fails?

Regards

Craig Frayne

Highlighted
Employee

This isue was caused by a defect in conflict resolution.  The result was that SyncServer would send out a select statement to remotes instead of an update statement for transactions being returned to the remote.  This would happen when two remotes had a conflict

The issue has been addressed in 7.5.1 Hot Fix 25

Defect # 1-69384

This is currently in customer validation, however if you have an immediate need you can contact support and ask for the "Customer Validation" version of the hot fix.

Paul Zeimet

Development Manager

Paul Zeimet
Development Manager
Infor CRM
Bronze Super Contributor

Paul,

Many thanks for you update, I assume as there is a fix in validation you were able to reproduce the issue, are you able to give me the exact steps to reproduce, as I have been unable to determine the exact cause so have been unable to reproduce at will.

I assume there is a specific set of conflict resolution rules that play a part in this occurring, any information you can provide would be much appreciated.

In regard to the Hot Fix I assume I will be able to get the customer validation version via UK support?

Regards

Craig Frayne

Employee

Craig,

The hot fix has just been validated and should be available for general download from support online in a few days.

I will get reproducable steps for you and repost today.

Thanks

Paul Zeimet

Development Manager

Sage SalesLogix

Paul Zeimet
Development Manager
Infor CRM
Bronze Super Contributor

Paul,

Many thanks for the update and good news on the HF, if you are able to get the steps to reproduce that would be great.

Thanks again.

Craig

Employee

Steps to Reproduce:

1) Conflict resolution set to Remote wins

2) Two remotes make a change to the same record during the same sync cycle

3) The remote that fails conflict resolution will receive a transaction with the select statement.

That should be all that is necessary to reproduce the issue.

Thanks

Paul

Paul Zeimet
Development Manager
Infor CRM
Bronze Super Contributor

Paul,

Can you advise when and where we can get our hands on this HF?

Regards

Craig Frayne