Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Elite Contributor

SLX 7.5.0 and Blackberry Implementation - How Difficult?

Hey Everyone,

So at this past Summit in Denver, signed up for the free server license for SLX and Blackberry usage.  Well, I finally rec'd approval to get a BB (yes, I know...) so now want to start to play around with it.  And yes, I have 2 BB end user licenses too, so not to worry about that item.

However, before playing around with it, it needs to be set up and configured.

Has anyone done this without a business partner and how difficult was it?  Conversely, has anyone done it with a business partner, and once again, how difficult?  Also, our system is highly customized and I'm pretty sure, the SLX BB option is vanilla and no customizations will come across right off the bat.  (Which in and of itself is not necessarily a bad thing either).

I'll also be receiving the BB Storm model, so I hope it works on that hardware platform too.

Let me know thoughts, comments, potential gotcha's or pitfalls, pros/cons, etc... About the whole process.

Thanks!

Joe

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: SLX 7.5.0 and Blackberry Implementation - How Difficult?

Hey Joe,

BP is suggested depending on how you are going to setup the application. If you are just going to do a local desktop install/personal then you can go ahead and have at it. If you are going to setup enterprise finding a good partner will make a great difference.

No customizations will come across. When you are ready the required customizations will need to be ported to the devices, and again a good partner can help you out in this fashion. Storm support exists with the current 5.5 implementation.

Kindest,

Mark