Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

SData issue - Could not load file or assembly 'Sage.Entity.Interfaces, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

[ Edited ]

Good morning folks.

We are in the process of implementing Saleslogix Mobile on 7.5.4. We previously had a 7.5.2 SLX Lan client deployment set up and it has been successfully upgraded to 7.5.4. No broken mods! We are running on SQL 2005 on Windows 2008 SP2 64bit.

However, we did not previously deploy the SData portal. I have followed what I believe to be the correct process based on the implementation guide. I have run through the deploy steps via Application Architect, and I have configured the Application Pool in IIS to allo 32bit. I have set the Handler Mapping verbs to 'all' and added the wildcard for aspnet_isapi. The ADMIN account for SLX is set up to use the domain webdll user and I have tested to make sure I have the correct password for this account.

When I try to launch the SData portal using the 'Open Portal' button in Application Architect, it sends me to http://localhost:3333/sdata/default.aspx and prompts me for my login credentials. I enter the ADMIN username and password for the SLX account and it seems to accepts the credentials, but the page does not open correct and suffers the following error:

Server Error in '/sdata' Application.

Could not load file or assembly 'Sage.Entity.Interfaces, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Sage.Entity.Interfaces, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I think there is a step I have missed because it seems it cannot find the files it needs to complete the request. Has anyone else had this occur, or could perhaps shed light into what is missing and where it needs to go?

Thanks in advance for your help!

EDIT:

I've read that I might need to rebuild the deployment. I've tried doing that in Application Architect but it gives me a lot of errors in the Output window along the lines of  'ERROR - <FILE LOCATION>: The type or namespace name 'Localization' does not exist in the namespace 'Sage.Platform.Orm' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

The error message that pops up is 'Failed to build Sage.Entity.Interfaces.dll. (Sage.Platform.Orm.CodeGen)'

I noticed in build options the path to the Assemblies is invalid. However, I'm not sure what this path should be or where the files are.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: SData issue - Could not load file or assembly 'Sage.Entity.Interfaces, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

The attached document supplied by Sage has helped me out when I have had issues with configuring sData within a Windows 2008 64Bit environment. Hopefully there might be something in there that might help you too..

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited

Re: SData issue - Could not load file or assembly 'Sage.Entity.Interfaces, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

Thanks for sharing Adam.

It looks like the step of running a full build in Application Architect is the main issue, and once I figure out the build assemblies file folder, I will probably see some light at the end of the tunnel!

[ Edited ]

It was a stupid mistake on my part, apparently.

I had not updated the VFS project in Application Architect. I did not realize this was a step required. Since I did not have any customizations to the web portals, I could restore the project update from the install disc. If you are reading this and have a similar issue, your case might be different. So be careful.

Open Application Architect.

Open Project Workspace Explorer.

Right click in the pane where it shows your existing project, click Add

Name the new project, set a path for it to store files, and a description.

Right click the new project and select Restore.

Navigate to the file in Installs\Upgrades\Project Backups on the install media.

Select the SP4 backup and Application Architect will restore the files you need.

When done, Build the web platform. This should complete without errors (hurray!)

Go to deployment Explorer, select the Core Portal object, select deploy all. It should complete without errors (hurray!).

Next, you need to configure IIS 7 again for the portals:

Open IIS Manager (should be in Windows Start Menu under Administrative tools)

Expand the website you deployed to in Application Architect. I did it to a new website called Saleslogix, yours might be the 'Default Website'.

Click the SData object.

Click the Handler Mappings option.

Right click, Edit, on both the Simple File Handler IASPI 2.0 handlers. Under the Request Restrictions, set the Verb option to ALL. OK out of each window.

Also on the Handler Mappings, select the Add Wildcard Script Map option

Click browse button and navigate to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727

Select the aspnet_isapi.dll file. Name it aspnet_isapi. OK.

For the Application Pool of the website, make sure it is selecting the .NET 2.0.50727 franework version.

In advantaced settings, make sure the identity is set to your WEBDLL user.

Apparently on 64bit you also need to make sure Enable 32bit Applications is enabled.

Click Start > Run and type 'iisreset'. Run the exe that it finds. This restarts IIS server - be careful if you are hosting other websites on the server because it will take them down for a minute or two while it runs.