Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
mar

Resync Accounts

We upgraded from 7.5.1 to 7.5.2 and immediately started experiencing an issue with a Form that is completely custom. The Form inserts account, contact and activity. SP2 made it so that the account record would no longer sync out to the remote but the associated contact and activity records would. The account record does not sync even if the user unsubscribes and resubscribes from the What's New window and even if Admin changes the record ownership to someone else and then changes it back. .... cycling the sync server and syncing the remote between each action.

We are having the same exact issue with accounts imported using Scribe.  Scribe support stated they suspect it is something in our environment. ... which to me doesn't make sense.

We made some changes to the insert procedure in the custom Form and, even though we are not quite convinced, the Account record appears to be syncing now. We will continue to troubleshoot that but in the meantime, here's the question: What is the best way to sync out those accounts that were created during that time and never made it out to the remotes? The only thing I can think of is to create duplicates and merge them together into one (making the duplicate the primary).  But is there an easier way?

Thanks.

Gold Super Contributor

Re: Resync Accounts

Two Words... "Group Copy".

Take a look in the Admin Help and search for Group Copy. 

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
mar

I'm familiar with GroupCopy.exe but do you suggest I group copy from a second copy of the database to the production database? I can test that but given the strange behavior I described above I would almost bet that this won't work either.  Plust wouldn't that cause us to lose anyting related to the account that the remotes have not sync'd up yet?

Is there now way to just "touch" the account record so that only it sync's out?

Thanks.

Gold Super Contributor

You cannot "touch" an account record to get it to (re)sync. It (along w/associated records) has to be re-inserted so that sync will generate a SQL INSERT. Just a "touch"/mod only generates SQL UPDATE commands. Group Copy will do it. 

Only other reasonable way is to custom script a solution.. ans unless you know SalesLogix VERY well, I suggest you get someone (a certified SLX developer/consultant) to do it. 

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Nickel Super Contributor

Mar

I've run into a similar type of problem but remotes would lose a couple accounts here and there as opposed to a large number.  If you are in need of resyncing a select number of accounts, my suggestion is to go into SLX Administrator and do the following:

1. Double click on the remote user you want

2. Go to their "Sync" tab

3. Click on "Sync only certain Accounts"

4. Click on the Accounts button next to it

5. Look up the Account you would like to resend

6. Once you find it, click on the "Resend" button

7. After you have resent the accounts you want, click Ok

8. Change the option for sync back to "Sync ALL Accounts that User can access"

You will notice now, while watching the sync process on the server, the number of accounts you resent to that person will move through.  Repeat these steps for each affected user.

Hope this gives you an easier avenue to try.

mar

I was thinking of something like that but I was a little uncertain about switching settings (your steps 3 and 8) so thanks for your reasurance on it.

BTW, neither this nor the groupcopy will sync out the record. Turns out Sage duplicated it in 7.5.2 and created defect ID 73128. Will be resolved in HF7 and 7.5.3. The account won't sync to the remote if the account is created and the notes field gets populated prior to the sync server cycling the new account out to the remote.

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

I'll tell you this much.  One of my remote users recently lost visibility on my company's biggest account and I had to try and retrieve it for him.  Instead of resending the account or unsubscribing and resubscribing the account, it was sooooooo much easier for me to cut them a new remote as the amount of records, notes, attachments, etc would of taken the sync server to its knees for a while in the middle of the work day.

Food for thought if you ever run into this issue as well.