Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Reporting Services & Sales Logix

This is my first post to the forums and I want to thank anybody who helps in advance.

We have the SalesLogix DB on the same server as my Accounting software's DB.  I have created hundreds of reports on the accounting side using SQL Server Reporting Services.  Many of those reports use parameter values and I've never had any problem with them.  I've not learned Crystal Reports yet to be able to call data from the accounting system AND SalesLogix at the same time and, honestly, I have a lot of data cleanup to do that I just want to use Reporting Services to reveal before I take the time to learn Crystal.

So, here's my specific problem.  I have a report I'm trying to build that uses this simple query:

Select type, account, region, industry, territory

From sysdba.account

Where (Territory = @EnterTerritory)

When I run that report in reporting services I get this error:

• An error has occurred during report processing.
    • Query execution failed for data set 'SLX'.
      • Must declare the scalar variable "@EnterTerritory".

I've been all over the web trying to figure out how to declare a scalar variable in this instance -- everything is so complicated and just doesn't seem to apply.  I found some basic reference in one book but nothing I try works.

• Can anyone tell me how to declare the @EnterTerritory in my query above?
  • Can anyone tell me what I have to declare a variable in my SalesLogix DB but not in any other I have?

Any help with be GREATLY appreciated.

Re: Reporting Services & Sales Logix

My problem seems to have been resolved.  I found some reference to OLE DB connections not working with SSRS and causing the requirement for Declaring the Scalar Variable.

In futzing around, I went into Reporting Services and changed the authentication type to Windows Integrated -- which broke all of my existing reports.  So I changed it back then restarted all the SQL Server services on the server, and voila! no more error message.  Makes no sense to me but at least I'm off on my merry way.

Gold Super Contributor

FYI - I have a customer who uses SSRS for ALL their Saleslogix reporting and does not use Crystal at all. 

They also have TaskCentre w/the SSRS tool that makes integrating it (SSRS) w/Saleslogix (or ANY other db source) very easy ;-)

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html

Thanks RJ, I'm checking TaskCentre out now!

Gold Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you would like a demo and/or talk w/my customer who is doing this.. just contact me directly (info in my signature below)..

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html