Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

Remote Office via WAN setup

SLX 7.5.2 

I'm trying to setup a remote office server for my office in the UK. I have their new server here.

I guess I have 2 questions:

1) During the Setup, I'm getting an Error 1920 on the SLX DBEvent service saying that it doesn't have rights. I've used both the System Account, and two different administrator accounts, and the install still seems to time out with this error.

2) Does a Remote Office Server require being in the same domain as the main office server? In the UK, they have their own domain, and they are not directly connected to ours. I was attempting to use an FTP Sync profile, the same as my remote users use.

Any information would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Remote Office via WAN setup

Hi,

Have you created an SLXService user with relevant permissions as per the implementation guide? As you should assign this user to the SalesLogix services.

Also, the remote office does not have to be on the same domain as the host database.

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the info. I am now setup to sync correctly and in the process of syncing.

I do have a complex question about this however; My UK office has Laptop users that will be going out to other countries.

The Remote Office server is being used as their "local LAN" connection. My Laptops connect directly to the network in the UK. How do I setup users who would travel?

Do I setup dual databases? How would I accomplish this?

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

It sounds like you need to make these users 'Remote Users'  They will sync directly with the host database but they can also connect to the Remote Office database when in the office.

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited