Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Super Contributor

Remote Office - Some changes not syncing back to host

Hi,

We're running 7.2.2 LAN.  I was comparing some things between our Remote Office database and our host database and have found that the Remote Office has a lot records that never seem to have made it to the host database.  There may be a couple things going on, but when I look at Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities, and Opportunity Contacts, virtually all the records were created on the Remote Office by the same user. We have 5 users on the Remote Office with the work pretty evenly split, so I would expect the problem to be evenly split between the users, but it is not. There is nothing obvious that we can find that this one user does differently than the other users.  I don't have exact percentages, but in the past two months, there are roughly 15 accounts, 12 activities, 59 addresses, 57 attachments, 34 contacts, and 49 opportunities that were created on the Remote Office and never made it to the host database. 

I don't know 100% for sure that the transactions were never sent (never made it to a TEF), but based on what I can see, that is what happened. I don't have any failed transactions from the RO that weren't applied. The user who seems to have the problem is running the exact same version as both the Host and Remote Office servers have running.   There is one other user who shows as the createuser on one account record, so I can't say it is absolutely user specific.

Also, we have added customizations to the Opportunity area that allows us to have 0 to Many quotes associated with each opportunity. The quote records go into their own custom table as records (rather than as attachments). The quotes create their own transactions. We are missing a bunch of those as well, but those are pretty much evenly distributed between all users on the remote office.   We have added custom tables to Accounts and Opportunities, but not Contacts or Addresses. 

I think there are probably a couple different problems, one for the main user, and another that is affecting all users in the custom quote area.  Any thoughts? I was just going to start with a complete uninstall and reinstall of the SLX client for the one largely affected user to see if that helps with that part, but that is mainly due to not having any idea jump to the front as something to look at.

Thanks

Patrick

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Remote Office - Some changes not syncing back to host

hmmm.... Okay, so I checked this user's record in the admin tool. On the Sync tab, the Settings for the sync server pointed to the Host, not the Remote Office. The user doesn't actually sync himself since he is on the Remote Office,  but could this be causing my issues?  ( I changed his settings to point to the Remote Office sync server).

Thanks

Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Patrick,

I have just tested this out of curiosity on the SalesLogix Eval database and data is syncronising fine! (even though I know users should be configured for the correct Sync Server)

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Bronze Super Contributor

Thanks Adam.  I could see that it would make a difference on what the host sends down, but didn't think it would make a difference on what was sent back up.  I appreciate your testing this.

Patrick