Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Tuned Listener

Reference Assemblies

Hi,

v8.1 first build from OOTB project backup, (local or DBS VFS), installed on a web host server, with an additional application server.

I'm getting "Unable to locate assembly reference Sage.SalesLogix.API.dll in assemblies or C:\Program Files (x86)\Saleslogix\" which I know can be caused if the build path isn't correct. However this is correct in this case.

I checked for the Reference Assemblies folder and sure enough it isn't there - when/what installs this?

After a while I decided to insert a copy of the folder from a working VM, I then get an error telling me the dll already exists?!! I have cleared build folders, IISRESET and so on in between but to no avail.

I even uninstalled and reinstalled but to no avail, any help appreciated.

Thanks

Nik

Tuned Listener

Re: Reference Assemblies

I'm thinking it's linked to this -

"Installation in the global assembly cache failed: C:\Program Files (x86)\Saleslogix\\policy.7.2.Sage.Saleslogix.NetExtensions.Framework.dll"

COM+ issue then.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Reference Assemblies

I have had similar problems with the initial build. IIRC it's wrong out-of-the-box. This post explains a bit:

http://community.saleslogix.com/t5/Customer-Experience/ReferencesAssemblies-folder-not-found-after-i...

I had to try a bunch of different settings switching back and forth to get it to build. Still not sure exactly what's the deal.

Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC