Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Realign Territories not sending changes to remotes

Hi,

I am using the Realign Territories functionality in the Admin tool, logged in as admin on version 7.2.2.  I have used the "Realign Accounts where The Account Manager is...." as well as the "Based on a custom group" (using a different account set for each). The Change is to "The account manager to". Both the existing and new account managers are active users.

The change applies to the host database correctly, but the changes are not sent to any remote databases including the remote office. Shouldn't they be? Is there something I am missing? Doesn't seem like I should need to recut remotes whenever I realign..

Thanks for any hints you can suggest.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Realign Territories not sending changes to remotes

This turned out to be an issue with the admin tool install. Not sure what, but after uninstalling all SLX products and re-installing them, it now works fine.  The previous install had all the same versions installed in all applications and places, so it doesn't appear to have been a versioning issue.
Copper Contributor

Did you have HF 5 installed?  I have the same issue.

Hi, Yes, we did (and do) have HF5 installed. Not sure if it was installed separately to begin with, but is including in the msi now with the reinstall. We have: SLX 7.2 SLX SP1 - 7.2.1 SLX SP2 - 7.2.2 SLX HF5 - 7.2.2.1871
Copper Contributor

HF5 was for administrator and admin.exe should be 7.2.2.1911.  I'm assuming it is the administrator that is not logging these these correctly to sync out.  I need to check with them to see if it's the 1st acct mgr -> acct mgr realign that hasn't worked since the hot fix.  Thanks for the info.
Copper Elite Contributor

A client is having the same issue for 7.5.0. We have replicated in our test environment, both on the client db and the Eval db.

Following Sage KB article ID 507254  - we have uninstalled and reinstalled, and tried using groups but issue still remains.

Installing SP1 has fixed the issue in our test environment - but does anyone have any other suggestions for a short term fix?

Thanks.

Copper Contributor

My client called Sage directly and they had them realign to a test user and then back again at which point the records sync'd out correctly.  They also suggested creating a new replacement user and retiring the original one.  Basically something was corrupted with the user setup.

We have upgraded the client to SP1 and the issue was resolved.

Territory re-alignment is now correctly synchinig out to remote users.

Bronze Super Contributor

Tell you what, this bug sucks!  Territory Realignmnet consistently doesn't work.  Uninstalled tools, reinstalled and it worked one time then not again. 

What *seems* to push it through for the most part is if you reassign the accounts' owner as well as the account manager.  When I first reassign the accounts' owner to another team, those changes seem to always make it through. I then reassigned the accounts' owner AND account manager and of 1200 accounts, all but 22 reassigned correctly. They ALL reassigned the owner correctly, but 22 failed to update the account manager.

This is much more intensive than just assigning the account manager. Just the account manager takes about 3 minutes for 1200 accounts (maybe because SLX actually isn't creating any transaction files??).  It takes about 30 minutes to reassign the owner.

Anyway, if you are stuck on this, give that a  try.  Looking forward to moving up to 7.5.4 when it is released!

Patrick