Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Query Builder, cannot find Notes Field

Hi There, 

I am building a query to combine several clients into one group. I want to have all the notes combined in this field. These are the notes in the main field of the account, and the additional notes that are made and are under History. Does anybody has an idea which query this is?

Thanks a lot, 

Coen 

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Query Builder, cannot find Notes Field

its the column called Notes in Accounts and LongNotes in History (as opposed to Notes, which is only the first 255 chars).

Thanks Mike,

I found the notes people make in their activities, but now the notes that are made in the main screen of the Account. Where the most important notes can be filled in. Do you know where I can find these in the query builder?

thanks

Silver Super Contributor

Do you mean BusinessDescription ? It's not really a notes field (although, there is also an account.notes field - just not exposed, but BP's can expose if for use). If it's the field to the right (a big memo box) then it's the field called BusinessDescription.

Hi Mike,

thanks for your quick reply. I just tried the BusinessDecription, but does not seems to be the right one. If a create a new account, there is in that screen a Notes box. This notes box I want to have in My query. I found the notes field already if you make individual notes as an activity, but not this main box in the account screen. The main notes box can also be found in the contacts field directly. I want to have that in another query as well, so we have an overview of the main qualitative information for each account.

Thanks

Coen

Silver Super Contributor

Unfortunately, it looks like this has been customised. This is the standard Insert Account form. http://www.empath-e.com/external/1.png and that's the field busdesc. If you open architect, open the Insert form you should be able to find which field it's been customised to link to.
Silver Super Contributor

Also, it's possible that the customisation stores the notes in a separate table altogether. If you Architect, go to DB Manager and expand Account, is there a table underneath this - as this maybe where it is. Best bet is to speak to the person who did the work - as it doesn't appear to be in the "normal"/standard places.