Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Problem with SLX OLE DB Provider on Windows 2008 x64

In IIS for advanced settings of the App Pool, try setting "Process Model > Load User Profile" to True.

Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC

Hi, Has any one come up with a solution to the problem of running SLXOLEDB.1 provider on a 64bit server. I have googled for several hours and no-one has yet come up with a successfull solution.

I have SSIS running on sql 2008r2. Using a script task I am trying to make changes to saleslogix on another server using C#. The SSIS build has been set to 32bit and this allows the program to create the connection. However as soon as I try and open the connection i get the error "System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: No error message available, result code: E_FAIL(0x80004005).". Any offers would be appreciated.

Bronze Super Contributor

That error code is a generic connection failure, i.e. the provider can't connect to the SLX server. Can you put the SLX LAN client on the server so that you can ensure the provider is working on that machine? Make sure you have firewall ports open to both the app server (1706) and the SQL server (1433). Try restarting SLXSystem service, it's touchy.

Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion it helped locate the issue. Our SLX database is 2008R2 and not 2005 so we need to also install sqlncli_x64_2005 and SQLServer2005_BC_x64 (sql client for sql 2005 and sql 2005 backward compatibility) on the server hosting the ssis to ensure open connection.

Cheers,

Tim

Copper Contributor

I have started to experience something similar with my production database with a third party application since I upgraded to v8. The difference is that my app connects just fine to the eval database, which was installed new as part of the upgrade.

If I attempt to connect to production I get the "OleDbException (0x80004005): No error message available" error. So since eval works it cannot be a codebase issue, it must be permsissions within the prod database.

Paul Cannon
Fisher Technology
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Believe it or not, after a reboot it worked fine. I sure wish I knew why this kind of nonsense happens.
Paul Cannon
Fisher Technology