Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Accepted Solution

Problem with Crystal reports Server settings

Hi all,

I have followed all the steps in the Implimentation guide, upto reports selection it will work properly then after to communicate with crystal report server with that port it is showing below error..

using SLX 7.5.1 crystal reports. Can any one kindly provide  solution on the same. 

Server Error in '/slxwebrpt' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /slxwebrpt/SLXWebReportingServer.ashx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

Highlighted

Re: Problem with Crystal reports Server settings

This appears to be an issue of not deploying the 7.5.1 Web Reporting Server.  But without more information about the Web Reporting Virtual Directory I can't help out too much

John Perona

Director, Infor CRM Development

Infor CRM

Infor CRM

Hi,

Were you able to resolve this issue? I am having the same problem installing 7.5.2

Thanks

Baharak 

I've seen the issue when the path in App Architect isn't set to C:\ProgramFiles\SalesLogix\Web Components
Employee

As Tim pointed out, this is most likely an issue where the web reporting portal was not deployed to C:\Program Files\SalesLogix\Web Components\slxwebrpt. What happens is that when you deploy to a location such as C:\inetpub\wwwroot\slxwebrpt, Application Architect will fail to update the virtual directory if the slxwebrpt web application was previously defined. You can generally do one of two things: 1. Deploy from AA to C:\Program Files\SalesLogix\Web Components\ (make sure the portal name is slxwebrpt). 2. In IIS manually modify the virtual directory location for the slxwebrpt web application to the location where you deployed the portal (e.g. C:\inetpub\wwwroot\slxwebrpt).

Thanks

Mike

Yup! That's exactly what the problem was. Once deployed to the right directory, everything was up and running.

Thank You,

Baharak

Copper Contributor

I have run into the same issue.  I am running the Web Reporting server on a different box than the web hosting server.  Should I still use the naming convention c:\program files\saleslogix\.... in the base directory field?  Or should it be a UNC path to the other server?

I am runnung the web reporting server on a different box than the web, so I have the same prior user's question.

Thanks!

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Problem with Crystal reports Server settings..help needed urgently

Hi Mike,

I am running SLX 7.5.4 on WIndows 7 Machine.

I am getting the same error message

Server Error in '/slxwebrpt' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /slxwebrpt/slxwebrpt/SLXWebReportingServer.ashx

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5448; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5456

My Settings are as Follows:

IN AA

Web Reporting Server

Server:Localhost

BaseDirectory:C:\inetpub\Webapps\Saleslogix\slxwebrpt\slxwebrpt

Port:3334

ApplicationPoolSmiley Frustratedaleslogix

In Core portals slxclient webdepencies

Entry Name:slxwebrpt

ServiceURL:http://localhost:3334/slxwebrpt/slxwebrpt

The report popup window is pointing to below URL

http://localhost:3334/slxwebrpt/slxwebrpt/SLXWebReportingServer.ashx?method=GenerateReport

I tried to make changes to BaseDirectory as C:\Program Files\SalesLogix\Web Components\slxwebrpt and deploy the site but still no luck.

Please Kindly Help

Thanks in advance

Jack

Employee

Re: Problem with Crystal reports Server settings..help needed urgently

Jack,

Looks like your URL may be set up incorrectly in your web dependencies for SlxClient. The URL below is looking for /slxwebrpt/slxwebrpt/; I'm assuming this is why you get the 404 error. You can attempt a quick test (without deploying) by opening ServiceHosts.xml in the \SlxClient folder and editing the slxwebrpt entry so that it points to the correct URL. The ServiceHosts.xml holds the settings configured via web dependencies for the SlxClient portal. Once you've confirmed the correct ServiceHosts.xml entry you can make the change in Application Architect and redeploy.

Thanks

Mike