Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Problem creating Remote after V8 Upgrade

Hi,

I am testing the upgrade for one of our customers in a LAB (From 7.5.4 to 8.0).

I created Remote databases without a problem in 7.5.4.

Then, I upgraded the LAB Server to SLX v8.

Now, trying to create a Remote Databse in 8.0, I get the following error:

Step: stpExecSQL_CreateViews returned error: Incorrect syntax near 'OPPORTUNITYID'. (Microsoft SQL Native Client (80040e14): Incorrect syntax near 'OPPORTUNITYID'.)

One view had an error, so I fixed dropped the view and recreated it, but I am still getting the error when I try to create a new database.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Problem creating Remote after V8 Upgrade

Look for the .dts it creates. Examine that - what does it show ? Anything useful ?
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Hi,

I did not find any .dts file.

SLX creates the .sxd and .ldf files, but the process end with the message "Database Creation Cancelled"

[2013-02-25 10:41:00 PM]

Step: stpExecSQL_CreateViews returned error: Incorrect syntax near 'OPPORTUNITYID'. (Microsoft SQL Native Client (80040e14): Incorrect syntax near 'OPPORTUNITYID'.)

Package execution stopped. Total elapsed time: 8.6410 sec.
See error description above. 
Database connection information:
SourceServer- 
AdminUserID- sa
AdminPWD- ****
NewOwnerUserID- sysdba
NewOwnerPWD- ****
[2013-02-25 10:41:00 PM]Detaching remote db...
Database creation cancelled.

I ran the SQL Profiler from SQL Management Studio during the process of creating the Remote Database.

I see the "CREATE VIEW" statements. The last one I can see is the one that I fixed. I took the SELECT statement and ran it in a "Execute SQL" window in the Administrator to run it through the OLE DB provider and got a good result set. The process even creates the indexes, but I still get the error message at the end.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Got it working.....

One of the custom view had the sysdba alias in front of the table names in the select statement. It didn't matter in 7.5.4, but it does seems to matter in 8.0.

After removing the schema alias it in the View, the remote databases got created normally without errors.