04-08-2009 08:18 AM
We found recently on remote user workstations that were upgraded from 7.5.0 to 7.5.1 (and 7.5.0 HF5 had not been applied), that the Personal Web Server stops responding or the Serverhost.exe may return an error. This occurred after Intellisync was run on the remote user's computer. The reason for this was the Intellisync Portal pieces were not being properly updated during the application of the service pack. In order to correct the issue on these remote user workstations, the following steps will need to be performed:
1. Create a temporary folder on the C: drive of the remote workstation.
2. Take the SLX_v75_SP1.exe and run it on the remote workstation.
3. Select the Extract and Install option.
4. Extract the files to the temporary folder created in Step 1.
5. Cancel the install portion when it reaches the client install screen.
6. Go to the temporary folder and copy the SLXIntellisync.zip file from the Common folder to the Service Pack 1 folder where the .msp files are.
7. Start the InstallShell.exe and complete the install.
Note that if the Personal Web Server is running, it may be necessary to stop the SalesLogix services in order to complete the install.
04-08-2009 09:03 AM
07-21-2009 10:03 AM