Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Performance slow.

Hi,

We have Saleslogix 7.5.3. server on a Windows 2008 server. The performance in a one server with Windows Server 2003 and LAN Client of SalesLogix is slow. The SalesLogix is published by Terminal Server. It's slow in start screen and when the user log on and create the connection. After the user log on some look for and queries are slow too.

What Can I do for improve the performance?.

Other LAN Clients in Windows 7 the performance is good, so the problem is not the server of SalesLogix.

Thanks in advance.

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Performance slow.

Going to need more info - spec of TS for a start. Also, 7.5.3 doesn't have all the improvements for TS - you need v7.5.4 at a minimum.

Thanks.

It's v7.5.4, I'm sorry. The terminal Servers is a Windows 2003 Server. I'm sorry but Which info do you need?.

Thanks.

Silver Super Contributor

Are you running it on a 286 with 64Kb of RAM ?!

I doubt it - but I also doubt you are running it on a Cray Mk II either !

So, in order to rule at the TS as the issue - you need to divulge some specs - # CPU's, Memory Amount, Disk Controller and sub-system (SAS, SCSI, SATA etc). Also, the back end it talks to - SQL XXXX ? What's the Native Client version. Is it running with TCP/IP connections or Named Pipes.

If you don't know the answer to the above - find out :-)

You can't just say "it's slow" and expect people (a) to be impressed and (b) to discuss the issue with you if you don't put any skin in the game.

I'm sorry for the subject, expect people is not my objective. I have a problem with the performance and I don't know where I can start. The resources of server is optimal (CPU, Memory, Disk, etc...), The server uses Native Client 10.0 to access a SQL server 2008.

I still looking for.

Thanks for your support.