Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Super Contributor

Path Manager

Hi all,

Has anyone had any success using Path Manager? (have posted also to another Citrix mailmerge post but thought I would start a separate one also for path manager in general)

I have a client who wants to redirect the mailmerge functionality however using the details from the previous post I am unable to get this working correctly.

I am trying to get this working in a non Citrix environment first, this is using slx 7.5.2

Changing the registry keys to U:\\%user%\\Application Data\\SalesLogix\\MailMerge\\Cache for example creates a dir of

%user% rather than the users login name.

Also when editing the individual emails prior to sending I receive an error as below.

[Exception - 20/07/2010 10:04:02]
Message: There was an error in EditAfter. The specified path is invalid.
Class: EEngineError
ErrorCode: -2147220948

I have tried various ways of getting this to work but all have had some sort of issue, has anyone out there managed to get this working correctly?

There is a distinct lack of documentation for Citrix environments in general and apart from the Citrix whitepaper that gives a very brief overview of Path Manager, I can find nothing that gives specific details.

If anyone has any information on how to get this working correctly please could you let me know or point me in the right direction.

Regards

Craig Frayne

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Path Manager

All,

I was able to get the redirect to work and not error, however the redirect does not adhere to the %user% so if you have a current directory containing user folders it does not create the paths under the users folder it creates a directory of %user% like wise if the location does not contain a folder the directory is created as %user%.

This should be using the currently logged in users credentials and replacing the %user% with the user login name, has anyone had any joy with this?

Any help, tips or just a yes I have got this working would be appreciated

Regards

Craig

Bronze Super Contributor

Did you use %user% or %username% as variable? The last one would be the right one.
---------------------------
Ambit AG, Switzerland
Bronze Super Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your response, I was trying with %user% then realised this was incorrect, however using %username% still does not work.

I can redirect to a particular directory and the SLX userid is used as a dir, however Ideally we woudl want this to go under a windows user folder as having a generic directory with all of the mail merge's under there identified by their SLX userid is not particulalry friendly and as we all know being greeted with a directory full of userid's it's not obvious which dir is for which user, you would need to lookup the userid's to determine which folder belonged to which user, when there are hundreds this is not really manageable.

Regards

Craig

Bronze Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Craig,
that's the usual saleslogix behavior for mail merge directories.
I assume you are working in the user profile (because the first %USERNAME%),

so why add a separate sub-userfolder anyway?

You could try a second username variable like

U:\\%USERNAME%\\Application Data\\SalesLogix\\MailMerge\\%USERNAME%\\Cache

Regards,

Marco

PS: Could you update your post here that you are a step further. Thank you Smiley Wink

http://community.sagesaleslogix.com/t5/Customer-Experience/Mail-Merge-in-Citrix/m-p/13364#M993

---------------------------
Ambit AG, Switzerland
Bronze Super Contributor

Marco,

As you will see from the other post you mention, Path Manager does not use %username% at all so this will not work.

Whilst it does work with the SLX UserID which is great it would be even better if it went under a windows user name as anyone would be able to easily identify which user the folders correspond to.

Guess it is feature request time.

Thanks for your input on this.

Regards

Craig