Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Nickel Contributor

Opportunity Access Permission

Hi Everyone.

I've a problem. In my work have two sales teams and a supervisors team. But this, i created 3 teams in SalesLogix: West Sales Team, East Sales Team and Sales Supervisors Team. The Opportunities of a specified Account (i.e. ORM Company where Owner is: Sales Supervisors Team) can be create by West or East Team, but members of the East Team should not see opportunities created by West Team, although these are belongs to common account (ORM Company).

Who know how i can restrict access to opportunities based in users of a Team?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Opportunity Access Permission

This would require customisation on the Opportunity Seccodeid field.
Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Nickel Contributor

Which r this changes?
Employee

The technique for customizing your solution to allow editing of the Opportunity Owner (i.e. Opportunity.SecCodeId) value will vary based on LAN Client vs WebClient.  There are also other caveats and customizations to consider.

All Opportunity related Activity, History, and Attachment records will still appear at the Account level even if you use the Opportunity.SecCodeId to secure the Opportunities themselves.  In order to hide from Account level, would also need to add SecCodeID field to Activity, History, and Attachment tables/entities. If you do this, then need to consider writing logic to keep these Opportunity linked records SecCodeID value synchronized with their Opportunity's SecCodeID in case you allow editing of Opportunity.SeccodeId. Also need to write code to keep Activity/History/Attachment SecCodeId value synchronized with Account.SecCodeId for those records *not* linked to an Opportunity.

Finally - need to write logic to prevent edits to the Account.SecCodeId from over-writing any Child OpportunitySecCodeId values where the Opportunity.SecCodeId was not equal to the previous Account.SecCodeId value. The stock logic in the LAN and WEB products will automatically cascade (and overwrite) your Opportunity.SecCodeId values when an Account.SecCodeId is modified.

Todd Hardin
SalesLogix Professional Services Group
Nickel Contributor

Based in comments posted, it sounds complicated!

Employee

Conceptualy straight forward - knowing where to track down the special cases and scenarios, a bit more complex.
Todd Hardin
SalesLogix Professional Services Group
Bronze Super Contributor

For someone experienced with VBScript and and SalesLogix developers it's not that bad.   If you don't have the skill in house, your Sage business partner should be able to make this customization for you (subject to the previously described caveats).