Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

One user cannot see shared Group

[ Edited ]

Using Saleslogix 7.5.2, one of 5 users cannot view a Group shared by another user. As a test, i shared a Group with that user, and she was able to see it. I've used the following query to verify that the problem group is shared to the user:

SELECT

sysdba.PLUGIN.NAME AS GroupName,sysdba.USERINFO.USERNAME AS GroupOwner, sysdba.SECCODE.SECCODEDESC AS ReleasedTOUser, sysdba.PLUGIN.FAMILY, sysdba.PLUGIN.TYPE

FROM

sysdba.PLUGIN LEFT OUTER JOIN sysdba.SECCODE ON sysdba.PLUGIN.USERID = sysdba.SECCODE.SECCODEID

LEFT OUTER JOIN sysdba.USERINFO ON sysdba.PLUGIN.USERID = sysdba.USERINFO.USERID

WHERE (sysdba.PLUGIN.TYPE = 8) and plugin.name like 'group name%'

ORDER BY sysdba.PLUGIN.NAME

SLX Admin shows that both users are members of the same teams. Any ideas on what the issue is? Thanks.

Dan

Gold Super Contributor

Re: One user cannot see shared Group

Try an un-share - ctrl-f5 - re-share

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Copper Contributor

We had tried that previously to no avail.

Dan

Bronze Elite Contributor

Can you see the group logged in as the user on another machine/Saleslogix environment?

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Copper Contributor

Sorry I forgot to post the solution. It turned out that the user had two Salelsogix logins, one for each different function hat that she was wearing in her office. The group was shared out to the login that the user was not actively using, thus she couldn't see it. Thanks.

Dan