12-23-2009 11:43 AM
We are running 7.2.2 LAN version with a remote office and remote users. We had two users on the remote office who were creating opportunities what were not syncing back up to the host. The opportunities would exist on the remote database and never be sent to the host. We did a complete un-install of SalesLogix including removing any of the registry entries related to SLX from their machines, and it appears that that corrected the problem for one of the users. Still the other user's new opportunities and changes to existing opportunities are not getting into TEF's to be sent back to the host. I had the user log into SLX on another machine and create an Opty, and that was sent to the host fine. I had a different user log into SLX on the suspect machine and create an opportunity and that opportunity never made it back to the host. Seems pretty clearly to be related to the install or machine. The install is new and clean and shows the exact same version, build as the host and the remote office and all other instances of our implementation. Any thoughts on what could be causing this?
12-23-2009 12:34 PM
12-23-2009 01:24 PM
Thanks for the response Timmus. The user has about 200 files in that folder. I am trying to get more information from the user, but do all users get the Sync folder installed? I thought that only remote users would have that folder. This user is a Remote Office user, logging into the remote office database, so I always thought that their changes would get written directly to the remote office folders...?? Do the files first get written locally or is this person's install still messed up?
12-23-2009 01:28 PM
03-08-2010 12:29 PM
Revisiting this one. We had two users whose QUEUEFiles were not getting converted to wglogs. Both were on our remote office database. I moved their QUEUEFiles files to another user's computer who was also on the Remote office, and they were packaged up and consumed as they should have been. I checked the permissions of the user's on the network remote office sync directories and they were all fine. I then uninstalled and reinstalled SLX on both users' computers. That fixed one user, but not the other one.. Now we have a third user who this is happening to. I had the user stop and re-start the SLXSystem service, and still nothing is moving, and the service appears to be running. Is there an executable for SLXSystem that I can replace on the user's machine to see if that is just corrupted?
Before just moving her queue files and re-installing, I was hoping to find the cause so I don't have to keep re-installing SLX and monitoring all the users.
03-09-2010 01:52 AM
Do the users have any AV installed? If so, disable it to see if it's that that's causing the issue..
03-09-2010 09:28 AM
Yes, all the users have Trend Micro OfficeScan running and should all have the same version, definitions, etc. I can't try disabling it though because only Mordac, Preventor of Information Systems, has that access (and won't).
03-09-2010 10:18 AM
When you have an issue that is unique to one client and comes back after a re-install, try a more through uninstall. After uninstalling SLX in Add/Remove Programs, manually delete the following:
C:\Users\All Users\SalesLogix *
C:\Users\[User name]\AppData\Local\SalesLogix *
* These locations vary in different versions of Windows (Documents and Settings in XP).
Then restart to make sure everything is out of the memory, then re-install
03-09-2010 10:57 AM
Thanks Dan. I just checked my records and had asked the helpdesk to remove everything you mentioned as well as:
DELETE the registry key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SlxOleDB
DELETE the registry key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SlxServer
They said they did all of that, but I didn't witness it.... I will re-submit the ticket again just to make sure.
03-10-2010 01:03 AM