Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Super Contributor

One SLX client installation not sending changes to host

Hi,

We are running 7.2.2 LAN version with a remote office and remote users. We had two users on the remote office who were creating opportunities what were not syncing back up to the host.   The opportunities would exist on the remote database and never be sent to the host. We did a complete un-install of SalesLogix including removing any of the registry entries related to SLX from their machines, and it appears that that corrected the problem for one of the users. Still the other user's new opportunities and changes to existing opportunities are not getting into TEF's to be sent back to the host.  I had the user log into SLX on another machine and create an Opty, and that was sent to the host fine. I had a different user log into SLX on the suspect machine and create an opportunity and that opportunity never made it back to the host. Seems pretty clearly to be related to the install or machine. The install is new and clean and shows the exact same version, build as the host and the remote office and all other instances of our implementation.  Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Thanks.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: One SLX client installation not sending changes to host

If you find a bunch of files in the following folder I suggest looking into the slxsystem service. If the queue files arent converted to wglogs they will not sync.

c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SalesLogix\Sync\QUEUEFiles
Timmus Agersea
Black Moth CRM
Bronze Super Contributor

Thanks for the response Timmus.  The user has about 200 files in that folder.  I am trying to get more information from the user, but do all users get the Sync folder installed?  I thought that only remote users would have that folder. This user is a Remote Office user, logging into the remote office database, so I always thought that their changes would get written directly to the remote office folders...??   Do the files first get written locally or is this person's install still messed up?

Thanks

Bronze Super Contributor

queue files are local to the client application. The service(s) then process the queue files behind the scenes and move them either

1. to the host server logs
2. to the remote office logs
3. to the remote user logs

This keeps the client logging mechanism consistent regardless of being a remote office, remote user, or main office user.
Timmus Agersea
Black Moth CRM
Bronze Super Contributor

Revisiting this one.  We had two users whose QUEUEFiles were not getting converted to wglogs.  Both were on our remote office database.  I moved their QUEUEFiles files to another user's computer who was also on the Remote office, and they were packaged up and consumed as they should have been.  I checked the permissions of the user's on the network remote office sync directories and they were all fine.  I then uninstalled and reinstalled SLX on both users' computers.  That fixed one user, but not the other one.. Now we have a third user who this is happening to.  I had the user stop and re-start the SLXSystem service, and still nothing is moving, and the service appears to be running.  Is there an executable for SLXSystem that I can replace on the user's machine to see if that is just corrupted? 

Before just moving her queue files and re-installing, I was hoping to find the cause so I don't have to keep re-installing SLX and monitoring all the users.  

Thanks

Patrick

Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Patrick,

Do the users have any AV installed? If so, disable it to see if it's that that's causing the issue..

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Bronze Super Contributor

Hi Adam,

Yes, all the users have  Trend Micro OfficeScan running and should all have the same version, definitions, etc.  I can't try disabling it though because only Mordac, Preventor of Information Systems, has that access (and won't).

Thanks

Patrick

Bronze Super Contributor

When you have an issue that is unique to one client and comes back after a re-install, try a more through uninstall.  After uninstalling SLX in Add/Remove Programs, manually delete the following:

Folders:

C:\Program Files\SalesLogix

C:\Users\All Users\SalesLogix *

C:\Users\[User name]\AppData\Local\SalesLogix  *

* These locations vary in different versions of Windows (Documents and Settings in XP).

Registry Keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SalesLogix

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SalesLogix

Then restart to make sure everything is out of the memory, then re-install

Good luck.

Bronze Super Contributor

Thanks Dan.  I just checked my records and had asked the helpdesk to remove everything you mentioned as well as:

DELETE the registry key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SlxOleDB
DELETE the registry key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SlxServer

They said they did all of that, but I didn't witness it.... I will re-submit the ticket again just to make sure.

Thanks again.

Employee

Thanks for the Mordac line - I needed the laugh.  I've encountered Mordacs enough times that it was both funny and painful to read your joke.
Todd Hardin
SalesLogix Professional Services Group