Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

No Default Printer Currently Selected in SLX 7.5.3.4339

Hey everyone, I'm new here and I'm really having a bang-my-head-against-the-wall problem that I'm hoping somebody can help me with.

I've just inherited an environment in which we have two separate Citrix servers in two farms, each with SLX 7.5.3.4339 loaded on it. As they're different farms, we use AD permission groups to separate our users between the two servers.  The existing Citrix servers are on Windows Server 2003 (32-bit) - one is Citrix 4.5 and the other is 5.0.  Not ideal, I agree.

We recently created a new Citrix farm based around Citrix 6.5 on Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit).  We've added Sage 500 to this farm along with a test application (in this case notepad.exe).  Everything's working beautifully.  All users have a Terminal Services profile that lives on a file server that is local to this farm.

I've now added a new server, APPSRV6, to the farm and have installed SLX 7.5.3.4339 to it (using the usual Terminal Services installation method).  

I'm having inconsistent results whenever a new user attempts to run SLX on APPSRV6.  Typically one of two things will happen:

- No default printers available (and thus they cannot print).  When you click on Print Setup or Print Screen, they get a pop-up message saying:

An unusual error has occurred when executing FileSmiley TonguerintScreen

Contact your system administrator. 0x1 @0: Function

FileSmiley TonguerintScreen Exception:

There is no default printer currently selected

Exception location:

[00449D7F]{SalesLogix.exe}

or

- They get the allotment of printers that I have assigned to them via Citrix policies, but then if these policies ever change, the list of printers never changes - they're "locked in" to whatever list of printers they had when they first logged in.

Again, I must reiterate that other applications within this same farm are not having this issue.  It seems to be specific to SalesLogix.

I spent 9 hours yesterday bashing my head against the wall over this with a couple of test users - tweaking Citrix policies, blowing away user profiles and starting again - same result every time.  I've tried different printer policy options - allowing client printers through, or denying client printers - assigning printers, not assigning printers, etc.  One user in particular *ALWAYS* gets this error no matter what I do.

I'm at my wit's end and would really appreciate it if somebody could help me solve this.  :-)

Highlighted

Re: No Default Printer Currently Selected in SLX 7.5.3.4339

Additional information: I've set my test user up with admin privileges on the affected machine, and from there, within SLX, I can get to the Control Panel (from a file dialog window).  The user does indeed have several printers and one (the one I expected) is set as Default.  But SLX continues to maintain I don't have a default printer.