Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

New to Boards - Looking for Account Help...

Hi Everyone, I am new to these boards and am hoping for some guidance.

I am looking for a solution to an account set up problem. We have some accounts with multiple sites across the map. Is there a way to link accounts so we can see all of the account info at once?

I am not sure how the Parent / Child accounts work and cannot seem to find any information explaining it in detail. I also know that there is a Division option on the Account View page but I'm not sure if that links to anything.

What do other people do when they have multiple sites for one account? Especially when each site has product.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: New to Boards - Looking for Account Help...

Does a data grid have the potential to show enough of the 'sites' data to meet your needs? A Spreadsheet of Wal-Mart Stores for example that displays on the Account Detail View or a Tab under the Account\Opportunity....

RJ Samp
Highlighted

I'm not sure what a Data Grid is. Can you tell me where I can learn more about this?

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

A Datagrid is a fundamental building block in the SalesLogix Interface. Typically found ona "tab" at the main entity (ex:Account/Contact, etc) level.

It sounds like you probably need to take a class or two on SalesLogix in order to understand how it works and how to do development in it.

You can go to SageU.com as a good starting point. Your SalesLogix BP should be able to help you out as well. If you like, you can just call SalesLogix Customer Service too for some guidance. 

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

You could also just keep the account as a national account (where your director of sales is the Account Manager), opportunities can be named to the regional Account Managers, and add in the site addresses into the address drop down window so that everything is self contained.  Our company does it this way and it allows to keep all the correspondence tracking easy to follow.  Maybe this is a good way to go for you...