Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Silver Super Contributor

Re: New Install v8.x on brand new server

Odd, worked for us straight away after changing path. What are the numbers in C:\Program Files (x86)\SalesLogix\Platform\Sage* e.g. Sage.Platform.Orm.CodeGen.dll - are they mostly .8479/.8480
Highlighted
Employee

8479, 8480 & some 8494's

We had v8.0 running, no problem, then installed Web Core Update 02. This very error came up.

Changed the path, and it builds again! Thanks for posting this. It's very much appreciated.

Copper Super Contributor

I too came found this page and used the information to update the build settings path but continued to get the error. However, I did figure out why.

I had copied the correct path from this post into AA. That apparently contained unicode characters and caused the error. I copied the string into Notepad and when I tried to save that file, it warned that there were unicode characters that would be lost on save. I removed the unicode characters and was able to complete a build.

Silver Super Contributor

Oh wow - yes !

%BASESAGEINSTALLPATH%\SalesLogix;%BASESAGEINSTALLP?ATH%\Platform;%BASESAGEINSTALLPATH%\SupportFiles;%?BASESAGEINSTALLPATH%

%BASESAGEINSTALLPATH%\SalesLogix;%BASESAGEINSTALLPATH%\Platform;%BASESAGEINSTALLPATH%\SupportFiles;%BASESAGEINSTALLPATH%

Look at the ? shown above - how weird and well spotted !! MCrampsey, is this the issue for you ??

Employee

Thanks Guys

I managed to resolve my issue but in a different way.

I logged onto the server as the Admin user instead of a user with admin rights and it worked fine.

I then logged back in as the user with admin rights and that is working now as well.

Cheers

Michael

Copper Contributor

I tried all of the recommendations in this thread and none worked, however I did finally find a solution which points to windows security settings: 

Once I had my Saleslogix app directory fully upgraded, I copied the entire directory out to c:\users\Public\Documents then adjusted the build search paths to point to that location "C:\users\public\documents\saleslogix" instead of %BASESAGEINSTALLPATH% and was able to successfully build after that.

Matt Dockins
www.ppsfirm.com

I did have a problem with windows security settings too. It had problems copying files in one folder in particular. Turns out I didn't have access, even as the administrator, as the cloud server was made that way. Maybe I had the same problem as you were having.

Changed the build path to one I had access to. Worked ever since.
Nickel Contributor

I got it working by copying the program files saleslogix folder to another location and resetting the buildpath as others have done.

A quick Compare shows that AA is failing trying the create the folder "c:\Program Files (x86)\SalesLogix\ReferenceAssemblies" in the saleslogix folder. If you create this manually, it should fix the issue.

Silver Contributor

This is for 8.1.0 (not 8.0.x).

1. Manual build the SalesLogix\Reference Assemblies folder.

2. Build Search Path for 8.1.X is now:

%BASEBUILDPATH%\assemblies;%BASEBUILDPATH%\interfaces\bin;%BASEBUILDPATH%\forminterfaces\bin

******************************     This is for 8.1.0 (not 8.0.x).     **************************************

RJ Samp