Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

Moving a saleslogix database

Hi.

I've inherited a very old version of saleslogix (6.2.0.1474) and would like to move it's database (not the whole thing) on to a newer version of SQL Server.

Is it possible to move the saleslogix database so it is not on a saleslogix server. i.e. a completely separate SQL Server that has no saleslogix components installed on it.

I don't know much about saleslogix so any info much appreciated.

Thanks, Rob.

Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Moving a saleslogix database

How much exactly did you want to move? 10%, 20% ?! But, yes, you can - SLX doesn't need to be installed at all on a SQL Server, just the right native client etc. need to be installed to then to be able to get to it.
Highlighted

I meant "whole thing" as in not the entire saleslogix installation, of course I'll be moving the whole database :-) please excuse my poor grammer.

OK so say I have my ready made database in it's new location, how do I hook up the front end? What would be the right native client / ole db driver and where can I get it?

Appreciate the help thanks

Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

Yes, I realised - just kidding with you ! The Native Client needs to match the SQL Server you just installed (Native Client, Native Client 10.0 or Native Client 11.0) - you can download this separately from Microsoft (it's called sqlncli.msi or sqlncli_64.msi). This needs to be on each client. Then, go into Connection Manager and define the connection as normal http://www.empath-e.com/documents/Bulletins/081009.pdf (ignore version, works for all).
Highlighted

Right did that. Have set up and tested connection sucessfully....I'll let you know how I get on with actually getting the client to connect

thanks again for now

Highlighted

That works fine, I can re-configure a client to point to my new database. However it turns out there is also a web implementation, this uses the default web-site in IIS. I now need to find out what and where it picks up it's connection from.

Having a scan round I found the SalesLogix Web Manager, does this control it? Given the age of this system I don't suppose it will use a web.config file or similar and is more likely to be baked into a dll