Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

Migrating SalesForce.com data to SalesLogix

[ Edited ]

We have a small SalesForce.com database that has been in use by a team here that we are now going to migrate to SLX.  Are there any standard mappings of SF to SLX data out there?  I have seen many companies offering services and tools for these kinds of migrations (although there is clearly a belief that more folks want to move data TO SF rather than FROM).  I’m pretty confident we can do this rather simply, but it’s always useful to learn from whatever is available to minimize rework or loss.

Any insights, white papers, or references would be handy if they exist. Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Migrating SalesForce.com data to SalesLogix

Hi and welcome. Sorry, I don't have any information for you, but I was wondering why the team was moving from SF.com to SLX?  Were they the lone wolves or was there another reason? At an Head Quarters level, far, far away, there are tremors of moving our entire company to something other than SLX (US is the only region to use it), and SF.com is one of the names we hear in the shadows.

Thanks

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Smiley Surprised

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

$$$$$$  ;-)

Highlighted

@pjames95003, the migration of information out of SF into SLX is due to a smaller org being absorbed into the larger organization--in the smaller org, they'd been using SF tentatively, but the larger organization has a well-entrenched and integrated SLX instance in operation.  So it will reduce cost, increase interaction and cooperation, and will integrate with our larger portfolio tracking, resource management, reporting, etc.  Incidentally, while our organization is accepting of cloud-based solutions as an approach for enterprise information, in-house hosting is till preferable, so another plus for our SLX implementation.  Thanks for asking!

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Thanks for the info Allen.  I assume that you are familiar with the SLX import wizard and were just hoping that someone already had the mappings created for your data once you pay SF.com for it?!   Out of curiosity, how much data do you have in SF.com and what types of records are you migrating over?

Highlighted

Yes, thanks--we do plan to use the Import Wizard. I am hoping to learn from the experiences of others, e.g., be sure you map all of the address fields from the flat SF representation to the multi-dimensional address storage in SLX... Or the x field in the SF Systems/Services table is similar to the y field in the SLX Product catalog capability... The SF data is really only about 400 accounts and 1500 contacts, few opps, 100 or so activities, etc.
Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Actually.. if you take a very close look ... you will NOT save $$$ w/SF. Talk to your BP and they can PROVE IT! If they don't provide the info.. call the Sage SalesLogix Sales/Customer Service team and they certainly will!

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Hi RJ,

I should have been a bit clearer. I was actually trying to suggest that we are going spend LOTS of money if we move to SF.com.  I armed our GM with David Tinjum's cost estimates from the  FX site (http://customerfx.com/pages/saleslogix_cloud/2010/06/16/SalesLogix-Cloud-Versus-Salesforce-Pricing.a...).  

We will fight it as best we can... we've got a couple years most likely.

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

AH - HA... so "they" are not really making a rational logical sound business decision on this one ;-) In these times, people can get fired for that.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html