Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor

Mailmerge error on Citrix server

Hi

With Saleslogix 7.5.2 on Citrix, the mail merge results in an error that simply say:

---------------------------

Error

The Mail Merge Engine encountered an error and cannot continue. Server execution failed.

OK  

I can't find any other info why this is happening.  In trying to troubleshoot this I encountered the other error I posted previously (the log on error).  It seems some users can log on and others can't.  Not sure if the two issues are related.

Thanks

Robert

Highlighted

Re: Mailmerge error on Citrix server

Robert are you still having this issue?  If not, how did you resolve the problem?

Highlighted
Employee

[ Edited ]

Assuming Microsoft Office x86 is installed, the error is most likely related to the inability to start Microsoft Word or one of the other COM servers. It may be that Microsoft Word cannot locate some startup files. If it's Microsoft Office x64, then that's not supported yet.

Here is one KB article I found regarding Citrix and this error: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/280719

Thanks

Mike

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor

Hi

In our case it turned out to be a 3rd party Office plugin that was interfering, called Document Manager.  Apparently it works on its own, but when Saleslogix tried to do a mailmerge it failed.  When we disabled the plugin, it worked successfully.

Thanks