07-16-2014 08:39 AM
Hi can somebody please help me, I'm losing my mind!
V8.1 SNC/Core Update 01&02
Windows 7 64bit
Office 2010 32bit
Site in Trusted Sites, all active X allowed, etc.
Desktop Enhancements installed and configured correctly.
The mail merge write menu appears but clicking on Mail Merge does nothing, neither does the Mail Merge option at Account/Contact level.
No error messages on the server or client machine or debug messages.
I've tried re-registering all the dlls in LocalAppData and every combination of security I can think of.
I've allowed all the add-ons to run on all sites, just in case.
If I run in IE10 Documents Mode it works, no problem!!!
(one thing I have noticed, not sure if it's relevant, since I have been toying the incompatible browser message has appeared and then it tells me I'm running IE7, which I'm plainly not)
Thanks in advance,
07-16-2014 03:04 PM
I'm running in the same environment ok (Win7 x64, Office 2010 x86, and IE 11). It looks like you've checked everything I would have asked you to check. If the Write menu displays it means the component that instantiates the other mail merge components is running ok. The only other thing I can think of is to check the versions of the mail merge DLLs to make sure there isn't a mismatch somewhere (in case there was an install/upgrade issue).
08-11-2014 05:43 AM
I've seen this issue caused by two things in the past.
1. Antivirus software.
2. Not having the site added to trusted sites.
You should try disabling AV as a test and ensure that the default security level for trusted sites is set to low.
08-15-2014 06:58 AM
It turns out that this is a 64bit thing, the shortcut to 32bit wasn't actually pointing at 32 bit. Although the fact that it works in IE10 mode made me rule that out in the first instance.
You have all been warned...
Thanks for the help.