Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Tuned Listener

Mail Merge Angst

Hi can somebody please help me, I'm losing my mind!

V8.1 SNC/Core Update 01&02

Windows 7 64bit

IE11 32bit

Office 2010 32bit

Site in Trusted Sites, all active X allowed, etc.

Desktop Enhancements installed and configured correctly.

The mail merge write menu appears but clicking on Mail Merge does nothing, neither does the Mail Merge option at Account/Contact level.

No error messages on the server or client machine or debug messages.

I've tried re-registering all the dlls in LocalAppData and every combination of security I can think of.

I've allowed all the add-ons to run on all sites, just in case.

If I run in IE10 Documents Mode it works, no problem!!!

(one thing I have noticed, not sure if it's relevant, since I have been toying the incompatible browser message has appeared and then it tells me I'm running IE7, which I'm plainly not)

Thanks in advance,

Nik

Employee

Re: Mail Merge Angst

Hi Nik,

Please check the IE 11 console (F12) for any errors; you can also check the Network tab (Ctrl+F4) for errors.

Thanks

Mike

Tuned Listener

Thanks Mike, I did check the console, got a domNode error prior to the page load but I get that on IE10 mode as well.
Employee

I'm running in the same environment ok (Win7 x64, Office 2010 x86, and IE 11). It looks like you've checked everything I would have asked you to check. If the Write menu displays it means the component that instantiates the other mail merge components is running ok. The only other thing I can think of is to check the versions of the mail merge DLLs to make sure there isn't a mismatch somewhere (in case there was an install/upgrade issue).

Thanks

Mike

Copper Contributor

I've seen this issue caused by two things in the past.

1. Antivirus software.

2. Not having the site added to trusted sites.

You should try disabling AV as a test and ensure that the default security level for trusted sites is set to low.

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Re: Mail Merge Angstt

Smiley Mad

It turns out that this is a 64bit thing, the shortcut to 32bit wasn't actually pointing at 32 bit. Although the fact that it works in IE10 mode made me rule that out in the first instance.

You have all been warned... Smiley Happy

Thanks for the help.