Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Elite Contributor

MS Windows 2008 Server and Web Reporting Server

I noticed in the Compatibiliy Checklist that there is a workaround for using Windows 2008 Server on the web reporting server.  Can anyone provide a link to any documentation?  Any users experiences?  Thanks!
Martin Rudnick
Wells Fargo
SalesLogix Product Manager

"When in doubt, log out...and reboot"

Re: MS Windows 2008 Server and Web Reporting Server

I'm looking to build a new server for hosting web reporting and would really like to use Server 2008 R2.  Does anyone have an answer to this?

Copper Super Contributor

Hello,

it seems to work for our own installation (Windows Server 2008R2 Enterprise) as long as Crystel Reports Server Embedded SP4 is used as the base system. This Busines Objects SP can be downloaded from the SLX-FTP-site as far is i know.

We have installed the BOServer then with Server2003R2-Compatibilty during setup.

The only problem afterwards seems to be that the embedded server has a service dependency with NTLM, which is not present anymore in Windows 2008R2. Therefor the service reamains in stopped state after the setup finishes. Nevertheless one con manually remove the service dependency and successfully start the BO service afterwards without obvious problems.

We have also installed the IIS 6.0 Compatibility-Features of Server 2008R2 and considered the specific IIS7/IIS7.5 applicationpool settings (Classic, 32-bit).

Installing WB Reporting (at the time of our installation last year) still in SP2 also in Compatibilty mode did not cause any trouble as well, we did th usual to deploy the portals, this worked for us.

Nvertheless: Renedering the reports is not really rocket fast, but it works...

Winfried Andreas

Tuned Listener

Have the same situation Windows Server 2008 and IIS7 trying to get web reporting to run.I can login to the slx web client ok.....click on reports......then click the "View Report" button and I receive the following attached screen error.

Can't seem to find where to remove the NTLM dependency on CR Application Server service......

Thanks,

Derek

Bronze Super Contributor

Of course, by now you're aware that CR XI is not supported in Windows 2008... according to Sage's compatibility doc, Web Reporting is only "officially" supported on 2003.

You can delete the NTLMSSP dependency from the service in the registry: HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/services/BOBJCrystalReportApplicationServer -- it is listed under DependOnService.
Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC
Bronze Super Contributor

Sorry, didn't look at your screen shot... this looks like your authentication method is misconfigured in IIS. I think it is supposed to be anonymous access.
Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC
Highlighted
Employee

Regarding removing the dependency, this can be accomplished using the Business Object's "Central Configuration Manager". Just select the Report Application Server --> RMB Propeties --> Depenency tab.

The error may be because the crystalreportviewers115 virtual directory has [not] yet been converted to an applicaiton.

Thanks

Mike