Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

MOBILE 3.0.3 Install Bundle Duration 3+ hours!!!

I have a "OOB SLX EVAL install" test system and a client "Test" System.

I applied the Install bundle to SLX Eval and when it got to "Commiting Items to Target Project", it took 3.25 HOURS to finish.

I queried with support and they were not sure how it took thiers (left it running) but like me cancelled once, thinking it had hung.

Just doing same exercise on Client Test Upgrade and looks like in for anothe long one - currently 50 mins and still going

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: MOBILE 3.0.3 Install Bundle Duration 3+ hours!!!

I also installed Mobile 3.0.3 just this moment and had the feeling it takes a bit too long (few minutes).

I checked the task manager and w3wp.exe was at 99% cpu. After an IISRESET the install was completed in 1 min.

Regards,

Marco

---------------------------
Ambit AG, Switzerland

Interesting, I might try again, and try an issreset as you did
Gold Super Contributor

I've installed the 3.0.3 (and the new 3.0.4) bundle several times.. and it's very quick...

Here's what may be happening:

You are using the SLX Db VFS (table) as your workspace .. and NOT a local (drive based) VFS copy.

BEST PRACTICE:

Always have a working image on the local drive of the VFS and do ALL my work there on all customer systems (as well as our own). This way it's:

a - quicker

b - if I blow it up I can recover from the SLX db VFS (or a project backup).

Once all looks fine, we:

a - make a project backup (of the hard drive VFS workspace)

b - restore the SLX db VFS from the updated hard drive based project

c - clear the "build"

d - do a ctrl build for the interfaces and the FULL just to test the restored so that I know it builds fine.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html

You are correct, I am using the SLX Db VFS (table) as your workspace, why should this an issue for the mobile bundle. others seem fine?
Bronze Super Contributor

I've installed the 3.0.3 (and the new 3.0.4) bundle several times.. and it's very quick...

Yep, me too, can confirm this - except for the one time eralier today.

Here's what may be happening:
You are using the SLX Db VFS (table) as your workspace .. and NOT a local (drive based) VFS copy.

Nope, was using local workspace in my case. It was really the w3wp.exe which blocked the whole system. I don't think it was at 99% before I started the bundle import. Anyway, next time it will be slow again, I'll check again.

---------------------------
Ambit AG, Switzerland
Bronze Elite Contributor

I appear to be having the same issue right now with v3.0.4 (v8.1 Core/Model and SNC 03)

I updated our SLX demo site just now and the SLXMobile bundle took no more than a few minutes to install. Im now installing it on our live site which is a replication of our demo site and so far it has taken 35 minutes and still going... Both sites use the internal VFS table.

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Astute Commentator

Hi Guys. I had the same 'long time to install mobile web bundle 3.0.4' on a Windows 2012R2 machine with SQL Express 2008 R2 SP2 and SalesLogix 8.1 with hotfixes to 03b. Came across this thread while waiting for the bundle install.

Moving the bundle to a short path before installing fixed this for me, C:\SLXWEB.

Well, in more detail: After crashing out of AppArchitect and killing the hung IIS process I tried installing the Web Model 8.1 hotfix 03 bundle first (I hadn't yet done so). AppArchitect said the path was too long, so I then moved both bundles to the short path, and installed the 8.1 hotfix 03 bundled followed by the mobile bundle 3.0.4 for 8.0. Mobile bundle took 8 minutes to install to the VFS.