Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

Library Items not available for Remote Office

A client has added a new remote office site for a SLX 6.2.4.

All is working fine except all remote office users cannot view any items in the Library.

The top level Library folder is visible but none of the items or sub folders are visible.

The librarydirs and librarydocs tables have all the same entries as per the host database, and the Library path and permissions for the remote office are fine.

I believe the Send Attachments option was not checked when creating the remote db - but wouldn't expect that to cause this issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Simon Watson

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Library Items not available for Remote Office

Hi Simon,

You should check the option for 'Send Attachments' when creating a remote db - I would assume this is your issue.

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Nickel Contributor

You should be able to either force the distribution of the library file(s) or the remote office users can request the relevant library document(s) which should then synchronise to the remote office.

Regards,

Steve Robertson
Senior CRM Consultant
Collier Pickard Ltd
Bronze Elite Contributor

Also, you will need to ensure you have the 'Force distribution of this file' checked within the properties for the Library Doc file.
Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Copper Elite Contributor

Thanks for your suggestions.

The issue ended up being simply a permission issue that the users did not have correct file system permissions on the Library shared folder.

Interestingly, if the user does not have permission to the Library folder on the file system the Library is blank - i.e. none of the folders or files are visible.  Whereas for attachments, the files are displayed in the client ok even if the user does not have the correct file system permissions - however the error that the file is not found occurs when you try and open it.

Also in our testing we confirmed the 'Send Attachments' option is not required when creating the db - as long as the Library/Attachment folders are manually copied across.  This is what the client does as these folder are 5GB+ in total.

Thanks.

Simon