Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Reply
Tuned Listener
Posts: 45
Registered: ‎03-19-2012
Accepted Solution

LAN client reports after 8.0 Upgrade

Hi Guys,

 

Hoping someone could help me with a minor issue I've stumbled across.  Last week went from 7.5.4 here on our in house SLX, everything appeared to be working fine.  One of the sales reps came to me today saying that his Reports from the lan client weren't working.  I Checked on the server and it was working fine, I checked multiple clients and it seems that about 1/2 are working and 1/2 aren't.  I can't find any common denominator of clients working, some are Windows 7, some are Windows 8, they appear to have the same native clients and all that jaz.  When I run a report from a client not working I get 2 popups. 

 

Popup 1: "Error getting native IReport object.  Object required"

 

Popup 2: "Unable to retrieve the report.  The report cannot make an OLE DB connection.  Please contatct your administrator"

 

Everything else appears to be working fine, just the reports for a few users.

 

Thanks for any insight you can provide, I'm pretty sure it's something simple I'm missing.

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor
Posts: 514
Registered: ‎03-24-2009

Re: LAN client reports after 8.0 Upgrade

There is a reported defect for this for the Windows 8 machines. Might be worth investigating further with Saleslogix or your BP

 

Defect:  "Error getting native IReport object. Object required." error returned when attempting to run a report in an upgraded 8.0 Window Client

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Tuned Listener
Posts: 45
Registered: ‎03-19-2012

Re: LAN client reports after 8.0 Upgrade

We are our BP, I was hoping someone here had a quick easy fix as opposed to calling Sage which usually takes a while. Thanks Smiley Happy
Bronze Elite Contributor
Posts: 514
Registered: ‎03-24-2009

Re: LAN client reports after 8.0 Upgrade

Tut tut.. You mean Swiftpage. And your a BP, you should know better ;o)

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Tuned Listener
Posts: 45
Registered: ‎03-19-2012

Re: LAN client reports after 8.0 Upgrade

Haha, touche! I guess I should! lol
Copper Contributor
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎07-18-2012

Re: LAN client reports after 8.0 Upgrade

Just as a quick question, did you apply the SNC Update 00?  That is explicitly for version updates coming from v7.5.4 and addresses a reporting issue.

 

Defect 13091286 - After upgrading Sage SalesLogix v 7.5.4 to version 8.0, running a report

in the Network Client returns an error.

Teri Unger
Certified Infor CRM Consultant
Simplesoft Solutions, Inc. www.Simplesoft.net
Tuned Listener
Posts: 45
Registered: ‎03-19-2012

Re: LAN client reports after 8.0 Upgrade

I did apply the slx_v800_update_00.zip which I believe is the same as the SNC, it was the onlyone on the partner portal.
Copper Contributor
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎07-18-2012

Re: LAN client reports after 8.0 Upgrade

[ Edited ]

Did you apply it to all the machines that have the components (below) installed?  You didn't state what updates you have installed and where.   Sometmes it's the obvious that we miss, kinda that forest for the trees kinda thing....so just clarifying.

 

Install this update on all computers where the following components are installed:

• Administrative Tools and Servers

• Sage SalesLogix Client

• Sage SalesLogix Remote Client

• Sage SalesLogix Offline Web Client

• Web Reporting

Teri Unger
Certified Infor CRM Consultant
Simplesoft Solutions, Inc. www.Simplesoft.net
Tuned Listener
Posts: 45
Registered: ‎03-19-2012

Re: LAN client reports after 8.0 Upgrade

You know, most of the update's installers have a "Update Network Install" but I don't believe 00 did, let me test that and see. thanks for the suggestion, I'll let you know.
Tuned Listener
Posts: 45
Registered: ‎03-19-2012

Re: LAN client reports after 8.0 Upgrade

Well you get the cookie this time. I had to manually apply the 00 update to each computer as it wasn't an update that updated the network installer. The few computers that did work were ones that weren't upgrading from 7.5.4, rather fresh 8.0 installs. Thanks so much for the suggestion!