Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Is the concept of "Releases" lost in SLX Web?

One of the strenghts of SLX Lan is the concept of releases of plugins (forms, scripts) and/or menus, toolbars. We have a variety of clients on LAN, that have certain different tabs and different detail views appear depending on a user's team, all managed via releases.

Is this concept gone in SLX Web? how would we migrate such business requirements for such clients if they port over to the web? I see that you can have multiple portals, and even multiple deployments, but the maintenace and development of that seems to be very cumbersome.

Thoughts?

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Is the concept of "Releases" lost in SLX Web?

This is replaced by roles on the web client.  So teams continue to apply to data security, and roles control the application security (you manage roles through the security explorer in AA)

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

thx!
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Does this feature work properly?   This sounds like one approach to meeting a certain customer requirement: a stripped down version of SLXWeb for a work group which should only have access to certain limited functions.   But when I created a couple of Roles on a Demo database and tried to assign them to a SmartPart all I saw was a blank dropdown menu that quickly dissapeared.  Rebuilding the entities and restarting AA did not change this.

Also, is there a way to hide NavBar icons from users who aren't supposed to have access to those views?   The original approach I thought of was to remove/set Visible=False everthing this group doesn't need, and possibly do a separate deployment for LAN users who may use the full functionality.    

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

I guess I can say it works properly within the limited confines of its applications.... you can't use it to determine visibility of navigation items or controls on the form... also, if you hide an edit dialog, the button to launch it will still be there... you can't use it to control access to a certain page or type of entity... etc.  Basically you can hide a tab, that's about it.