Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Intellisync in Citrix environment

Hi,

We have a situation with a client on SLX 7.5.2 in a Citrix environment, they frequently have user profile corruption and this causes intellisync to stop working and the only way to resolve is to manually reconfigure intellisync.

Whilst I appreciate this is not an intellisync problem and the root cause is the corruption of the user profiles, this is unfortunately what happens with user profiles.

In the old version of intellisync the client used to deploy the intellisync user configuration via group policy however in the new version it does not appear to be possible to force the user configuration at logon.

Has anyone out there done anything along the lines of forcing the intellisync configuration onto the users?

How are people dealing with sites where there are large amounts of users running intellisync, are these being manually configured or has anyone automated a process?

Any advice much appreciated.

Regards

Craig

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Intellisync in Citrix environment

Guys,

Is everyone out there manually configuring intellisync?

Has anyone got large sites using intellisync, how are they configuring it, surely not on a manual basis.

Anyone come up with a process to automate the configuration or am I just going down a dead end?

Any advice good, bad or indifferent appreciated.

Regards

Craig

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

I have a customer where the Intellisync settings dont stick.  They are not in a Citrix environment.  Where are the settings stored?  Maybe I can track down the issue if I know where to look.

Timmus Agersea
Black Moth CRM
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Hi Tim,

Have not had any issues with settings sticking, is this that they are disappearing after being configured and working for a while or they just don't take in the first place?

The location of the configuration depending on the OS, is one of the below.

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Sage\Configurations

C:\documents and settings\username\application data\sage\configurations

Regards

Craig

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Craig,

The customer misunderstood the steps required.  After walking through it together I think we have it taken care of.  Sorry for the tangent.

To answer your original question, no we have not automated the configuration.  It sure makes sense to do it this way and I look forward hearing a solution.

Timmus Agersea
Black Moth CRM
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Isn't the Intellisync config usually under C:\PF\SalesLogix\Intellisync ? If the windows user profile is restored it shouldn't affect Intellsync. Or did you redirect the config inside the windows user profile. If yes - why not redirect the Intellisync profile outside the windows profile with PathManager. There is an IntellisyncPath and a IntellisyncUserPath variable. You probably need to modify the second one. Regards, Marco
---------------------------
Ambit AG, Switzerland
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Marco,

Thanks for your reply, the configuration used to be in there, however it is now in the location I stated.

Nice thought however about path manager, I will test this out (when I have time) my resevation about this is the path manager defaults still point to <>C:\Program Files\SalesLogix\SLXIntellisync for both the application path and user path, so I wonder if this would actually pickup the newer version of intellisync user path as it is now in a very different location.

Perhaps someone from Sage could chip in on this and clarify?

Regards

Craig

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

You're right. Forgot it's now somewhere else.
---------------------------
Ambit AG, Switzerland
Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

The intellisync client will store the configuration inside of the user profile folders. I currently do not know of a way to redirect this since the client is a bit of a closed system and does not allow for redirection of the configuration.

Mark

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Mark,

I assume this means the current Path Manager entries (which are for the older version of intellisync) will not work and thus not redirect the new version?

Regards

Craig