Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Super Contributor

Installation - Pointing SLX LAN/Web to Cloned Oracle 10g DB

[ Edited ]

We have an Oracle 10g DB (database A) that is currently pointed to a working SLX instance.

We copied this database and created a new database (database B), which we wanted to point a different SLX instance to. So in connection manager I created and named a new connection for database B. Test Connection was successful.

But when we try to connect to database B from both web and LAN, we get the following exception:

"access violation at address [hex num here] i module 'OraOLEDB10.DLL'"

In web we can actually be authenticated, but no objects are accessible. I get some red herring error message about missing group tables. In LAN authentication does not work at all.

Connections to database A still work fine from these machines.

I vaguely remember having to manually update a record in a table to support connecting to the new server instance we set up, but I can't find it.

How would we point a second SLX instance to this cloned database?

Silver Contributor

Re: Installation - Pointing SLX LAN/Web to Cloned Oracle 10g DB

in Oracle 10 can you have more than one sysdba.database in a single Oracle Instance? In the old days we had to 'reown' each slx database: sysdba, sysdbb, sysdbc, etc.

Is there an equivalent fix script in Oracle to fix sysdba in MS SQL Server that you need to run?

It has been 8 years since I've worked in Oracle and SLX....

RJ Samp
Silver Contributor

Re: Installation - Pointing SLX LAN/Web to Cloned Oracle 10g DB

SystemInfo.PingServer is the field that, usually, the Connection Manager repoints at the new SLX Server....you could try updating it directly through OSQL....

RJ Samp