Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Importing a list into SLX

No problem!

You can do this in mass within the SalesLogix Administrator | Tools | Realign Territories

To delete the duplicate data you can use the Purge Records functionality within the SalesLogix client logged in as the admin user: Tools | Maintenance | Purge Records

Ensure you back the database up before using either.

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited

Thanks

I just noticed that one import instead of uploading multiple contacts fro one account, imported the same contact multiple times.

The second import did it correctly but I can't locatevia create date or importsource.  Any ideas?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Can you not use the team to locate the data? You said only Admin has access. Hopefully this is the only data you have in this team?

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited

We don't use teams

I noticed that the create date is the same for both imports but when I create a group based on the create date I only get the list with the dups.  I made sure the Return distinct row is unchecked.  I am not sure why it is not picking up that data,  Smiley Sad

I think I have it figured out, just did a test import and everything appears to be working.  I deleted the other two imports and was able to upload, realign, create contact and account groups via import source and/or create date.  Thank you so much for your help.

More problems Smiley Sad

After importing the postalcodes the import is dropping the zero in the zip code, example 08505 is importing as 8505.  If I export to excel I can't recapture the correct code.  How can I fix this?

I am also having trouble importing multiple contacts for one account.  Instead of uploading each contact it is uploading duplicates of the first contact for that account.  If I change the sort order in the list it uploads duplicate accounts but I get all the contacts.  So frustrating.  What am I doing wrong?