Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Importing a list into SLX

May seem like a very simple question for some but proving very difficult on this end. I have the template mapped out in an Excel document and the Import Wizard shortcut on my desktop. What are the steps after that? I have been using SLX for the past 10 months with great success but the person who used to upload lists is no longer available and I have no notes to go off of. Any help would be much appreciated!

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Re: Importing a list into SLX

Posted an answer to your question in the  "Customer Experience" forum....

Here it is again:

Have you taken a look at the Import Wizard help file?

It guides you thru the process. You can find a copy of it in:

...Program Files\SalesLogix

-> ImportWiz.chm 

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html

I am having trouble with the upload of a CSV file. When it asks to map each field (Account, Contact, etc) do I need to do that each time from the left side to the right side? On the left wil be my document (TEST) and on the right is the SLX mapped fields that it lists. When I click to expand the "TEST" on the left side, it pulls up a lot fields each time and also says that SLX may be import these on their own. I have tried it going through and not mapping anything and it does not upload.

Hi - I am new and have questions re: uploading lists from Excel to SLX.  I need to upload several Account/Contact lists into SLX and I don't know where to begin.  I cannot find the "import wizard" that was mentioned.  The only thing I found was to import leads but that is not sufficient for my needs.  I know it has been done in the past unfortunately, know one here knows how it was done.

We are using an unsupported version 7.5.2.2151, CR 97-09.  Any and all suggestions/help is welcome.  I should add that I am not a "database" guru, just a user.

Thank you.

Silver Super Contributor

Look in c:\program files\Saleslogix for ImportWiz.exe - just run it and login as Admin. The help is very good at helping you through the process.

Thank you, it was buried.  I will have more questions before I figure this out, but this is a start!!  Have a great day.

I have tried several times to import a list and it says import complete but the records are not in the database.  Have tried several different look-ups and nothing.  Ideas??  It doesn't give me errors and I am following the procedure.  Driving me a little crazy right now!!

Bronze Elite Contributor

What lookup are you using? Did you assign a Leadsource? If not, sort by createdate.

Basic import procedure: http://community.saleslogix.com/t5/Administration/SLX-7-5-4-Import-Wizard-Update-email-addresses/m-p...
Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited

No leadsource.  I did a look up under Account name, nothing

Success - the list imported to SLX but I can only access the accounts as Admin.  How do I push out the new accounts to the other users?  

Also, I think I imported the list twice, how do I delete the extra import?  Can I do it as a group or do I need to delete each account?

Thank you Adam for your assistance.