Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Elite Contributor

ISYNC_DEL in 7.5.1 Duplicates

I'm seeing this primarily on recurring activities. Two calendar items in SLX, one in Outlook. One is marked with the priority ISYNC_DEL. However, it never deletes. Question: What is supposed to happen? I assume having dupes is not by design.

I'm also seeing a number of hand entered one time appointments for, say 90 minutes, and then a 30 minute dupe appears in SLX.  I'm pretty stubborn, but I generally don't need to be reminded twice for the same appointment.

Anyone have any ideas on how to correct short of getting under the hood on a schedule and blowing these away?

Mike Boysen - Blytheco

www.blytheco.com | www.blythecodev.com | bMobile
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: ISYNC_DEL in 7.5.1 Duplicates

It still an issue then.. I had the same problem in v7.2 and I was advised by Sage to upgrade to the v7.5 (thankfully, I left the BP so I had escaped resolving the issue)

However, this post from Heidi Streeks on ITToolbox might resolve the issue? (ive not needed to try it myself as yet)

We have Advanced Outlook integration and Intellisync and the setting recommendations below have cleared up our duplicate issues, hope this can help you as well.

This should clear up the duplicate activities:

1. Keep Advanced Outlook Integration active in Administrator.
2. Configure Intellisync as follows:
a. "Import" on Appointments, Events, and Timeless. (I also have Ignore all confirmation items within the tools options, Outlook Synchronization tab unchecked)
i. In the Advanced Settings, on the Confirmation tab, check both Confirm options
ii. On the Conflict Resolution tab, select Notify me when conflicts occur (On this item please note that the notifications sometimes show up behind the other screens and the users have to minimize open applications to see and accept these notifications. If not it looks as if SLX will not close and that the Intellisync never finishes running. )
b. "Synchronize" on To Dos. (We do not sync To Do's)
c. Contact options as desired, as Contacts are not affected by AOI.
3. Do not enable the option to use the Outlook calendar in SalesLogix.
4. As best practice, ask your SalesLogix users to:
a. Check confirmations of changes.
b. Ensure that any appointments related to a SalesLogix Contact are first created as an Activity for that Contact, not as an appointment in Outlook.
c. Only edit SalesLogix-related Activities in SalesLogix, not from the Outlook calendar.
d. Do not confirm SalesLogix-related Activities via a BlackBerry device, as this is a known defect and can cause duplicate Activities in SalesLogix.
In order to remove the existing duplicates, disable Intellisync completely; delete all instances of the Activity from the Outlook calendar; configure Intellisync to "Export" only and run a single synchronization to restore the Activities into Outlook as appointments; then edit the Intellisync configuration as described above.

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Employee

Mike,

I just noticed this while searching for another Intellisync issue.  What you are seeing is functioning correctly and has been documented in the SalesLogix online help.  Intellisync cannot delete items from SalesLogix so it creates a duplicate item to notify the user that the item was deleted in the email system (Outlook or Lotus).

Deleting Activities, Contacts, or Events

Deleting Activities, Contacts, or Events

Intellisync for SalesLogix does not allow Outlook or Lotus Notes to delete activities, contacts, or events from the Sage SalesLogix database.  You must delete these records manually after synchronizing.

Marking Deleted Items

When an item is removed from Outlook or Lotus Notes the tag ISYNC DEL is added to the Sage SalesLogix activity, contact, or event record as follows:

• For activities, the ISYNC DEL tag is inserted in the Priority field.

• For contacts, the ISYNC DEL tag is inserted in the Description field.

• For events, the ISYNC DEL tag is inserted in the Type field.

Viewing Deleted Items
  • To see all activities that were removed from Outlook or Lotus Notes sort the Activities List by Priority code and search for ISYNC DEL.

• To view all contacts that were removed from Outlook or Lotus Notes sort the Contacts List by the Description field and search for ISYNC DEL.

• To view all events that were removed from Outlook or Lotus Notes sort the Events List by the Type field and search for ISYNC DEL.

Manually Deleting a Tagged Item

You can delete the activities, contacts, or events from Sage SalesLogix if desired.

1. Locate the item as explained in Viewing Deleted Items earlier in this topic.

2. Select the item, right-click, and then click Delete.

Garrett Hyde | Technical Support Analyst, Senior
Infor CRM
office: 800 944 5709 | Garrett.Hyde@Infor.com | www.infor.com

Infor + Saleslogix Global Conference | Nov 2 - 5, 2014 | Scottsdale | saleslogix.com/conference
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Garrett, 

I’m unable to find where it states about duplicates (I’ve checked the SalesLogix Help) Can you copy that section in too please. 

I’m my case the duplicates occurred with active reoccurring activities..

Regards, Adam Travers
Employee

I will submit a request to update the documentation.  However, I can tell you from personal experience that what you are seeing is normal and is the functionality that has been with Intellisync for several versions.

Infor CRM

Infor + Saleslogix Global Conference | Nov 2 - 5, 2014 | Scottsdale | saleslogix.com/conference
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi,

In cases Ive seen if the user enters a reoccuring activity with 15 members the activity is/was duplicated 30 times (twice for each user) within SLX and Outlook - There is no way that is FAD surely..?

Regards, Adam Travers
Employee

This post might help workaround the limitation:

http://community.sagesaleslogix.com/slsl/board/message?board.id=SLX_Discussion&message.id=478#M478

Infor CRM

Bronze Elite Contributor

Thanks for this Garrett, appreaciated! Unfortunately, this only deals with deleted activities whereas we were seeing the issue with active activities.

Thankfully most of our clients are now using Exchange Link as we try to steer clear of isync where possible (Im sure we are not the only ones)

Thanks again!

Regards, Adam Travers