Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Accepted Solution

How do I find out who a Group has been released to?

I need to create a report that shows each group and who that group has been released to.  We are trying to identify groups that can be deleted, without clicking to each one individually.  

Gold Super Contributor

Re: How do I find out who a Group has been released to?

Use the group manager in the SalesLogix LAN Client.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html

Thanks for your quick response.  I should have been more clear.  I want to create a report from the database that shows each group and each person the group has been released to.  I would like to write an SQL statement that extracts that information directly from the database so that we can see all of the groups with all of the people they have been released to all at once.  The group manager requires that we click through to each group individually, which is time consuming and cumbersome for what we are trying to do.

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi,

You will need to query the Plugin table Where Type = 8

Here is an example to get you started:

SELECT sysdba.PLUGIN.NAME AS GroupName,sysdba.USERINFO.USERNAME AS GroupOwner, sysdba.SECCODE.SECCODEDESC AS ReleasedTOUser, sysdba.PLUGIN.FAMILY, sysdba.PLUGIN.TYPE

FROM sysdba.PLUGIN LEFT OUTER JOIN sysdba.SECCODE ON sysdba.PLUGIN.USERID = sysdba.SECCODE.SECCODEID LEFT OUTER JOIN sysdba.USERINFO ON sysdba.PLUGIN.USERID = sysdba.USERINFO.USERID

WHERE (sysdba.PLUGIN.TYPE = 8)

ORDER BY sysdba.PLUGIN.NAME

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited